- Course Code: UKFEC16WAX
- Location: Online
- Duration: 20 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: Waxing Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices / browsers
Are you currently working in the beauty industry and you want to gain further knowledge, learning how to provide your clients with a waxing service? Do you have a passion for beauty and want to help your clients enjoy a hair free life? Waxing is a high demand service throughout the world and if you have an outgoing personality, you love interacting with different people each day and you want to provide them with a service that has you talking to clients and enjoying some fun chit-chat, then this may just be the career you are looking for.
Introduction to the Waxing Diploma
The waxing diploma is a convenient online study course, which enables you to work full time and study in your own time. There is no set time limit to complete this course, you can take a week or more to complete it, or if you are really short on time, you can spread the modules over a few years.
The course is broken into easy to manage modules which are overflowing with useful information. Each module teaches you new skills, knowledge and information on waxing, helping you identify what you need to know and what product you need. You will learn techniques, styles and what waxes to use to achieve the best results.
On successful completion of the course you will have the ability to download and print your certificate which is accepted throughout the country. The certificate can become part of your CV when applying for positions within the beauty industry or it can be for your own benefit, so you know you have taken steps to push your career forward or even open your own salon in the future.
What you will learn
This course has been broken into multiple easy to manage and information packed modules. The modules will teach you:
- Get a sound understanding of hair, waxing and the benefits waxing provides.
- Learn why we have hair, what its function is and the anatomy of hair to help you get a better understanding on how to remove it.
- Identify the different hair removal methods you can use along with the advantages and disadvantages of each of the methods.
- Learn how to conduct a client consultation correctly. Know what to ask, what forms should be completed and more.
- Understand the health and safety regulations and what you need to do to ensure your client’s safety at all times.
- Know how to create a professional working environment and how to keep clients' records safely.
- Learn the importance of a professional image from dress code to grooming.
- Get an understanding on how to set up for each client, what written information to provide and more.
- Learn about various waxes, waxing strips and spatulas. Get a good understanding on why disposable products are advantageous in this industry.
- Know the precautions you should be taking when waxing clients from side effects to dealing with problems.
- Learn about the skin's function.
- Understand sanitation and sanitization and why these are important in this industry.
- Gain information on techniques and tips to ensure effective waxing at all times.
- Learn how to wax the face, lip, chin and more.
- Identify the best method to wax underarms and arms.
- Know how to wax the back and chest.
- Understand how to wax the legs and bikini line
- Identify the best after-care solutions for your clients.
- Learn what you should do when things don't go according to plan.
This waxing diploma will provide you with a host of benefits you can take full advantage of as you work your way through the study material, complete the test and start putting your new knowledge to the test. The benefits include:
- Fast track your career
- Boost your promotional opportunities
- Start your own salon
- Enjoy the benefit of online support throughout your study process
- Study using any device linked to the internet
- Study at your own pace
- Study while working full time
- Successfully pass a multiple choice test to download and print your certification.
- Industry recognised certification.
- Easy to manage and information packed modules.
- What is hair?
- Causes of unwanted hair
- Benefits of waxing
- Disadvantages of waxing
- Types of hair
- Anatomy of hair
- Purposes of having hair
- What kills and what stimulates the hair?
- Identifying various hair removal methods
- Basic process for each method
- The benefits and disadvantages of each method
- What areas of the body are best for using the different techniques
- How to conduct a proper client consultation
- What you should ask your clients during the consultation
- What a sample consultation form looks like
- Why ailments cause a contra-indication
- Health and Safety Policy
- Proper procedures for care
- Information and Training
- How to identify risks and hazards
- How to behave ethically as a professional in this industry
- How to keep accurate and up to date client records
- How to develop a professional environment
- How to record income and expenses
- Dress code
- Personal hygiene
- Conduct at work
- Setting up your salon
- Prepare various products
- Setting up of equipment
- Preparing the clients
- Written materials
- About the different types of waxes
- Types and sizes of waxing strips
- Type and uses for spatulas
- About the advantages of disposable products
- Precautions that one should take when waxing clients
- Useful tips to take advantage of
- Avoiding unwelcome side effects
- What to do if problems occur
- Function of the skin
- How to use this information
- How skin conditions can affect your services
- Different skin conditions
- Why sanitation and sanitization is so important
- Proper sanitation practices
- Waxing procedures
- Why this is so important for your client
- Preparing the equipment for application
- The application process
- Tips to help you wax successfully
- How to wax the face
- How to choose the right wax
- How to create a pattern
- Useful hints and tips
- How to wax above the lip
- Waxing side of lips
- Tips for effective upper lip waxing
- Advice for daily maintenance
- Methods for waxing the chin
- Important things to remember
- How to wax the chin and neck
- Things to watch out for
- How to wax eyebrows
- Eyebrow design procedures
- Advice for daily maintenance
- Useful tips
- How to wax underarms
- Preparing the underarm area for waxing
- How to deal with dark underarms
- Tips to achieve the best results
- How to wax the arms
- How to create a plan
- After-care for waxing arms
- How to wax the chest
- Step by step procedures to follow
- Useful tips
- After care procedures
- How to wax above the legs and knees
- The method for waxing the upper part of the leg
- The method for waxing the lower part of the leg
- The method for waxing the knee
- How to properly wax your client's back
- How to prepare for the appointment
- How to prevent damage
- How to soothe your client's pain after the procedure
- How to wax the bikini area
- Information about the most popular styles
- Preparing your client
- Essential tips and advice
- Treating the client after a procedure
- Waxing after care alternatives
- What to inform your client
- Setting up an effective after care plan
- Essential Do's when waxing
- Things you should never do to achieve best results
- What you should do when things don't go like they are planned
- Dealing with clients effectively who won't follow protocol
So pleased I found New Skills Academy.
The diploma in Waxing course is fantastic, I am really enjoying it. The information provided is in depth and covers everything you require to learn and be knowledgeable enough to work on clients.
It is an easy to follow set up and being able to access the course content on either my home computer or my mobile device gives me the ease to always check back if ever unsure of something.
I would 100% recommend this course to beginners, or like myself, anyone wanting to just refresh their knowledge. Expanding my knowledge has been made easy! So pleased I found New Skills Academy.
Nikita Barrett – Basingstoke
I enjoyed every second of it.
What a great course it was! I enjoyed every second of it. The course itself was very informative and easy to understand, particularly liked the videos! Perfect way to learn in your own time with no time limits on the course.
The assessment was very well timed, had just enough time to answer the questions which some of them did require more thinking then others. I am delighted that I passed the first time although it is good to know that if you fail, you can try again.
Would highly recommend this course to those wanting to learn about waxing or just as a refresher. Thank you so much!
Karolina Pociute – Peacehaven
The videos were very well done
I found the course extremely informative. Things were explained in great detail, it was easy to manoeuvre through the modules and to go back through previous modules if needed. The videos were very well done and gave a better perspective of what had been explained in that module.
The first few modules went through the whole background of waxing and the pros and cons of each hair removal method available to people. It then moved on to the practical side of waxing.
I would recommend this course to anyone considering waxing as a career or wanting to perfect their own skills for at home.
Denise Sullivan – Bury St Edmonds
Fantastic easy step by step videos and diagrams
The waxing course was very easy to follow and full of all the information needed. Fantastic easy step by step videos and diagrams.
Great help for setting up your own business as this course gives you all the correct information and procedures to follow.
I work from home offering a variety of other treatments, including eye lash extensions, threading and tanning now having this treatment is an added bonus… and very happy clients.
Would definitely recommend to others who are looking to follow in the same direction as me to broaden their treatments to offer for their own clients 🙂
Laura Turner – Cambridgeshire
Everything was broken down so well and helpful videos along the way
Quick and easy, can learn in your own time which was great. I have an 8-week old baby and managed to complete with no pressure. Everything was broken down so well and helpful videos along the way.
Will be taking more courses with New Skills Academy, I wish I did the course years ago. I have the experience in waxing but because I gave up my college course to have my baby, I don’t have the time to go back and I was close to qualifying.
I took this course and passed without all the hassle of going back for a year. Thank you, New Skills Academy.
Sofia Legg – Dorset
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Waxing Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 25 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 25 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 25 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Waxing Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention