- Course Code: UKMET15UBM
- Location: Online
- Duration: 6 hours
- Cost: ₹10,000.00
- Qualification: Upper Body Massage Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Upper Body Massage Diploma
The Upper Body Massage course is filled with information that will help you learn how to expand upon massage techniques to focus on the upper body areas. It will also help teach you how to work with individuals who are in pain and seeking treatment. This course is ideal for massage therapists who want to expand upon their practice, or for students who want to learn more about conditions of the upper body.
There are several conditions that can lead to back and neck pain and the correct massage technique can help to relieve the symptoms. This course will provide you with an overview of different facial, head, back and neck massage techniques that you can use to relieve pain.
This internet-based training course provides students with the opportunity to study course material whenever it is convenient. Many students enrolled in the course, can still work a full-time job while they study.
You can access the course material from any device with a valid internet connection, and receive online support while you train. After completing the course, and passing an exam, you will receive a recognised diploma, which you can print out at home. If you prefer, we can post the diploma to you for a small cost.
What You Will Learn
The upper body massage course offers students everything they will need to succeed in both their professional and personal lives. This course will cover:
- What massage therapy is
- The different systems in the human body
- The structure of massage tables and how to use them
- Which other types of therapies can be used alongside massage techniques
- How to give an Indian/Eastern head massage
- How to perform a facial massage
- How to give a proper back and neck massage
Benefits of the Upper Body Massage Diploma
There are several benefits for students who complete the course and earn their diplomas. These include:
- The convenience of studying from anywhere, at any time.
- The option to study at your own pace.
- The ability to study from any device including computers, mobile phones or tablets.
- An easy to understand course structure, which is broken down into short manageable modules.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- An all-inclusive course syllabus, which virtually guarantees you the knowledge required to help heal others through massage therapy.
- Improving prospects while applying for work or volunteer opportunities in the massage therapy field.
- An affordable pricing structure.
- A certified and recognised diploma.
- What massage therapy is and about the heritage/ traditions of massage therapy
- How effective massage therapy can be as treatment and how it works
- The different types of massages and the different techniques they use
- What psychological and physical effects massage therapy has on the body
- About human anatomy and what it means
- All about the central nervous system and the role it plays in the body
- About the structure of the skeletal system and where to locate specific parts of the body
- About the different systems in the body
- About the equipment that is used in massage therapy
- How to use the equipment required for the job
- The different types of oil that can be used
- About the structure of massage tables and how to use them properly
- What kind of massage techniques you can use throughout your career
- About the different types of massage strokes that are used
- What other types of therapies can be used alongside massage techniques
- About reflexology and how to treat different parts of the body
- How to give an Indian/ Eastern head massage
- The heritage and inspiration that this type of massage was invented from and why
- How the upper body region works in synergy when giving a head massage
- What to do after you have given a massage
- Why you should always start with a consultation when giving facial massages
- How to perform a skin analysis
- About the need for cleansing
- Video guide showing you how to perform a facial massage
- How to give a proper back and neck massage
- The problems and symptoms that can cause back and neck problems or pain
- The correct techniques to use when giving a massage on a person’s back or neck
- How to satisfy clients who are in pain and need treatment
Excellent…. Very much enjoyed the course and will do more and more….
Excellent…. Very much enjoyed the course and will do more and more…. As this is an online course, all of the information is available to you whenever and wherever you require it. You can study at a pace that is comfortable for you, and access the information in the course 24 hours a day. Most people who take the course still work full time, which helps you maintain your current lifestyle whilst working towards achieving your dreams.
To access the course, you will require a device that allows you to access the internet, and not only can you see the course, you can also use the online support feature.
Furthermore, you will find the course to be incredibly easy to go through thanks to the individual modules.
Moosa Nazim – Abbu City, Maldives
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Upper Body Massage course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 7 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 7 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 7 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Upper Body Massage course?We estimate that the course will take about 6 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention