- Course Code: UKFEC16TTD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: Travel & Tourism Diploma Level 2
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The Travel and Tourism Diploma course is ideal for anyone who is looking to work in the travel industry in the United Kingdom. This course is filled with information that will put you on the right path to begin a career in this field.
Travel and tourism is a booming industry, and those who wish to travel always require assistance when planning their holiday and travel plans. As you work through this course, you will obtain a full overview of working in the travel and tourism field and how you can even start your own business.
Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Diploma
As this is an online course; all of the information is available to you whenever and wherever your require it. You can study at a pace that is comfortable for you, and access the information in the course 24 hours a day. Most people who take the course still work full time, which helps you maintain your current lifestyle whilst working towards achieving your dreams.
To access the course, you will require a device that allows you to access the internet, and not only can you see the course, you can also use the online support feature.
Furthermore, you will find the course to be incredibly easy to go through thanks to the individual modules.
When completing the course, you must pass a multiple choice test, and you will then be awarded your diploma. We can post the diploma to you for an additional cost, or you can download and print the diploma at home.
What You Will Learn
The Travel and Tourism Diploma course will give you a full overview of working in the travel and tourism industry, and it will fully prepare you for your new career.
The course covers the following:
- An introduction to travel and tourism
- Customer services in the travel and tourism industry
- Developing your career in the travel and tourism industry
- The different sectors of the travel and tourism industry
- Understanding why people need the travel and tourism industry
- Promoting travel and tourism services
- Planning and development in the tourism industry
- Ecotourism, short haul and long haul destinations
- Domestic tourism in the UK
- How to deal with issues within the travel and tourism industry
Benefits of the Travel and Tourism Diploma
When you work towards earning your travel and tourism diploma online, you will find a number of benefits.
These include the following:
- You can study from anywhere there is an internet connection, and you can study at a time that is convenient for you.
- You can also study at a pace that is comfortable for you. There is no time limit, so if it takes you days or months, you can still complete the course.
- You can study from any device including a tablet, PC or mobile phone.
- There are easily manageable modules, which help to make studying an enjoyable experience.
- Online support is available to help you stay on track.
- Access to a comprehensive syllabus, which helps you to stay on the fast track while learning how to become a travel and tourism expert.
- Improving your prospects when applying for work in the field.
- When completing the course, you receive a certified diploma that is respected in the industry.
- A pricing structure that is affordable.
- What we actually mean by 'travel and tourism'
- The scope and scale of the industry
- The different facets of the industry
- The potential for your career
- The basics of customer service
- Understanding the needs and wants of the customers
- Dealing with issues
- How to improve your own skills for dealing with customers
- Getting started in the industry
- The potential directions your career can go
- The skills you need in order to make progress
- Options for travelling or broadening your horizons
- The most popular sectors within the industry
- How to get started in them
- The potential and long term picture of the sectors
- Issues or problems you may have to contend with
- What we mean by the term 'tourism management'
- The key characteristics you will need to succeed
- The key parts of the job that you need to excel at
- What is expected of you within this role?
- The reasons for the industry
- What people are looking for when they travel or are tourists
- How to take those reasons and give them what they want
- How to handle problems when products or services cannot be supplied
- The basics of promotion and marketing within the industry
- The size and scale of marketing
- How it impacts on your own career
- Key methods used in the promotion of the industry
- The link between social media and tourism
- How to handle both sides at the same time
- Key things to look out for with social media and how it impacts your job
- How to take advantage of social media
- What we mean by tourism policy and strategy
- Implementing those policies
- The role you play in the policy or strategy
- Understanding the aims and recording progress
- The basics of tourism planning and development
- Your role in the process
- Dealing with issues and identifying problems within the market
- Turning things around to your advantage
- What we mean by ecotourism
- The reasons why people get involved in this type of specialist tour
- How to deal with these special requests
- The future of specialised tourism
- The basics of long haul destinations
- The basics of short haul destinations
- How to handle the requests to provide what the customer wants
- Key points to look out for when dealing with these destinations
- The importance of domestic tourism
- The UK market
- Dealing with UK travel destinations
- Selling the UK market abroad
- How to identify a trend
- Examples of trends
- How to take advantage of a trend
- The future of travel
- The main issues that will arise during your career
- Staying ahead of the game
- How to contend with those issues
- Boosting your career at the end of the day
I was pleasantly surprised at how well the course flowed
At age 44, I took a notion to start a new career, so I booked a Travel & Tourism online course with New Skills Academy.
I was actually pretty nervous when I looked at the modules as it’s been years since I studied!
I was pleasantly surprised at how well the course flowed and how uncomplicated it was. The presentation of the course was easy to read and understand.
When I got to the final test, I was nervous, but had no need to be. It was a general test of knowledge and I passed with 70%. I feel proud!
Angela Wilson – Alloa
The knowledge in each package is phenomenal!
Helpful tips learned during the course and many fun facts. I will be completing 6 more courses after this one. Such a great learning experience. The knowledge in each package is phenomenal!
Each course is broken down into modules to make it easy to break down the course for short breaks and as soon as you sign back in again it remembers where you left off in your course. How clever!
I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to brush up their knowledge and skills. Best of luck!
100% Recommended. New Skills Academy is the best!
Dora Christou – Luton
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Travel & Tourism Diploma Level 2 course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 15 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 15 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 15 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Travel & Tourism Diploma Level 2 course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention