- Course Code: UKMET15SPM
- Location: Online
- Duration: 6 hours
- Cost: ₹10,000.00
- Qualification: Specialist Massage Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Specialist Massage Diploma
The Specialist Massage Course is perfect for students who are interested in working as a massage therapist. This course will prepare you for everything you need to know to successfully begin a career in this field.
Massage therapy focuses on relieving pain and making clients feel better using basic techniques. As you work through this course, you will learn how to implement specialised techniques into your massage therapy practice. These skills will help to further your client’s pain relief and comfort.
When you take this online course, the information is available to you whenever and wherever you need it. You can study at your own pace and access course information 24 hours a day. Some students even work full time while studying, which helps them to achieve an ideal balance whilst working towards their dream.
To access this course, you will require a device that allows you to use the internet. As you go through your training, you will find the short, flexible modules incredibly easy to navigate. If you find you have questions, however, you can access online support while you train.
Before receiving your diploma, you must complete and pass a multiple-choice exam. After successfully passing your course, you can download your diploma right from home. If you prefer, we can post it to you for an additional cost.
What You Will Learn
The Specialist Massage Course will cover the following information:
- Effective massage therapy treatments and how they work
- About human anatomy and what it means
- The equipment that is used in massage therapy
- The different massage techniques you will use
- Sports massage
- Anti-cellulite massage
- Pregnancy massage
- Medical massage
- Baby massage
Benefits of the Specialist Massage Diploma
When you work towards earning your specialist massage diploma, you will benefit from the following:
- The ability to study from anywhere at any time that works for you, as long as there is an internet connection.
- Study at your own pace, regardless of how long the course takes to complete, you will still pass.
- You can train from your PC, tablet or mobile phone.
- You benefit from easy to manage modules, which help to make studying a gratifying experience.
- Online support is available to help you stay on the right track.
- Access to a comprehensive syllabus, which puts you on the fast track to becoming a specialty massage therapist.
- Gain prospects while applying for work in the industry.
- Receive a certified diploma that is respected in the industry.
- A pricing structure that is affordable.
- What massage therapy is and about the heritage/ traditions of massage therapy
- How effective massage therapy can be as treatment and how it works
- The different types of massages and the different techniques they use
- What psychological and physical effects massage therapy has on the body
- About human anatomy and what it means
- All about the central nervous system and the role it plays in the body
- About the structure of the skeletal system and where to locate specific parts of the body
- About the different systems in the body
- About the equipment that is used in massage therapy
- How to use the equipment required for the job
- The different types of oil that can be used
- About the structure of massage tables and how to use them properly
- What kind of massage techniques you can use throughout your career
- About the different types of massage strokes that are used
- What other types of therapies can be used alongside massage techniques
- About reflexology and how to treat different parts of the body
- What a sports massage is and what it encompasses
- Why people will need sports massage therapy
- How to give a proper sports massage
- How to identify common problems in the anatomy associated with sports massage treatment
- What cellulite is and how it is caused
- How Anti-cellulite massage therapy works
- How to give an anti-cellulite massage
- What to avoid when giving an anti-cellulite massage
- The advantages this can give to pregnant women
- Necessary precautions to ensure maximum safety for clients and yourself
- Who should avoid pregnancy massage
- An in depth look on how to give a pregnancy massage
- The importance of being able to accommodate for special groups
- How to give a medical massage to specific groups
- How massage therapy can help different types of illnesses
- Extra precautions that you may need to take
- How to give a baby massage
- What to avoid when giving a baby massage
- How it can benefit both mother and baby
- The techniques that should be used
Would highly recommend learning this way!
I studied this course recently and found it to be very interesting, lots of information all easy to understand and printable.
The videos were a great add on, easy to follow and understand, showed ways how to do the different types of massages, how to stand and extra information on how to go about adding this to your own business.
Contacting the admin department was easy, answered calls very quickly and dealt with the issues straight away. Also a call back to make sure everything was ok. Received certificate within days and downloaded, very good quality.
Would highly recommend learning this way!
Pamela Johnstone – Scotland
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Specialist Massage Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 9 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 9 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 9 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Specialist Massage Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 6 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention