- Course Code: UKMEC17QLT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 8 hours
- Cost: ₹10,000.00
- Qualification: Questioning and Listening Techniques Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Questioning and Listening Techniques Certificate
Questioning and listening skills are pivotal to effective communication and creating mutual understanding. These vital communication tools are requisite for building effective working and personal relationships. Interpersonal communication skills are the foundation of business success and the most highly sought after employees are those who are able to capitalise on these abilities.
Unfortunately, most people have no idea of the importance of communication skills in the workplace. However, research has clearly demonstrated that the ability to accurately communicate requirements, express needs, give and receive feedback and listen with empathy builds confidence and charisma and propels personal development. Conversely, the costs of poor communication are astronomical from both a financial perspective and the cost to morale and productivity.
What you will learn
This practical course will support you to enhance existing skills and develop new ones with expert guidance and supportive exercises. This course will guide you through the process of understanding and implementing these highly prized communication skills. You will rapidly learn how to communicate more effectively with those around you and vitally deepen your understanding about the causes and consequences of costly miscommunications.
In addition to teaching you about the significance of quality communication, in everyday personal and business activities, this course will deliver focused and actionable advice which you can easily implement in all areas of your life. You will delve into the often hidden meanings buried in confusing communications and gain new insight into the emotional nature of expression.
This course focuses specifically on the two most significant areas of communication: the skills of listening and questioning. The secret of listening is far from obvious and without in-depth study many people merely scrape the surface of this valuable skill. In addition to learning how to get the most from colleagues, employers and personal relationships learning to actively and reflectively listen will reveal previously unavailable information and insights.
The root cause of the breakdown of many personal relationships, including marriages, is cited as being poor communication. Specifically this is the inability to effectively listen – many divorces could be prevented if couples learned how to really hear each other on a practical and emotional level.
Effective questioning is another valuable tool which will enable you to find and analyse the information that others hold. Knowing how to accurately and effectively ask various types of questions, and under which contexts, will minimise the effort and maximise the results in your interpersonal interactions. This course will also teach you techniques to enhance your understanding of the information you receive to ensure clarity and prevent ambiguity.
Feedback is another skill which you will learn; specifically you will receive guidance and undertake exercises to facilitate effective and honest feedback without the emotional ‘sting’. Harnessing the power of quality feedback is one of the most significant leaps you can take in your own personal development.
Finally this course supports you to implement a personal action plan which will help you assess your skills and define strategies to enhance your strengths and build on your knowledge. You will be amazed at the increase in confidence and esteem you will naturally experience as a result of improving these vital communication skills.
This course is designed for professionals who wish to enhance their knowledge of effective communication and significantly improve their practical skills. Taking this course will support your ability to gather information, build relationships, communicate with people at all levels and vitally understand both the logical and emotional facets of communication.
- Understand the significance of effective communication in the workplace and the cost of poor communication
- Comprehend the implications of intended meaning versus perceived meaning and learn how to prevent discrepancies
- Develop a thorough understanding of communication barriers and blocks and prevent them devaluing communication
- Identify communication styles and how they impact the nature and effectiveness of interpersonal communication
- Raise awareness of the significance of active and reflective listening and understand the difference between quality listening and merely 'hearing'
- Learn how to devote more mental processing capacity to the act of listening to enhance the quantity of data which can be processed
- Understand a variety of listening styles and discover how to apply them appropriately to various scenarios for maximum effectiveness
- Identify and prevent listening barriers which hamper efforts to actively listen, build rapport and connect with another person
- Discover the vital role questions play in our everyday communication and how they can be used to strategically gather information
- Understand how your questioning stance and intention impacts the way in which you ask for information and receive answers
- Identify specific questioning techniques and find out how they are best suited to specific occasions, people and information
- Comprehend the pool of question types that can be used to obtain the required information with the appropriate level of detail
- Discover the alarming lack of mutual understanding that is the result of many interpersonal communications and how it impacts individuals and businesses
- Learn how to best gather and confirm information using question funnels while checking and increasing receptivity
- Develop the ability to correctly understand and interpret unconscious hidden and dissonant emotions communicated linguistically and non-verbally
- Comprehend the significance of changes in body language and paralinguistics and how they can directly communicate emotional changes
- Understand how and why to enhance the skills you have learned and find opportunities to practice
- Delve into feedback that you have received and gain the confidence to ask for more!
- Comprehend how advanced skills could support your personal growth and communication effectiveness
- Discover communication strengths and weaknesses and empower development of key skills
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Questioning and Listening Techniques Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Questioning and Listening Techniques Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention