- Course Code: UKFPC17PHS
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: Positive Handling in Schools Certificate
- Course Access: N/A
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Positive Handling in Schools Certificate
Teachers and support staff in today’s schools face a lot of aggression from their students.
These situations can be very difficult to deal with, especially if the student is particularly aggressive or threatens to cause serious harm to the school, themselves, or others. To mitigate these risks, all schools are required to give teachers and support staff training in positive handling to better help them understand the use of force in schools.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of how to engage in positive handling when the situation requires. It begins by talking about positive handling in general and going over the relevant legislation. It then goes into detail about the government guidelines and advice on this matter. The modules also discuss the aggression curve, giving teachers and support staff valuable information about the best time for intervention. Finally, it gives you the tools you need to make decisions about when you should physically intervene.
You Will Learn:-
- Information about positive handling, including a definition and brief history of it in UK schools.
- The relevant legislation regulating the use of positive handling and physical intervention in schools.
- Guidelines issued by the government, offering more comfort to teachers and staff about positive handling and intervening physically.
- The aggression curve, using the Kaplan-Wheeler diagram to illustrate each phase.
- What the SCARF model is and how you can use it to de-escalate tense or aggressive situations.
- How to make decisions about when to intervene.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning more about positive handling, including when it is appropriate.
- Gaining insight into the relevant legislation and government-issued guidelines and advice.
- Learning about the aggression curve, including the best phases for intervention and the riskiest ones.
- Understanding what the SCARF model is and how it can be used to deescalate a potentially aggressive situation.
- Learning when to use positive handling, physical intervention and physical restraint.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Positive Handling in Schools Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Positive Handling in Schools Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention