- Course Code: UKFEC17OPM
- Location: Online
- Duration: 14 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: Operations Management Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Operations Management Diploma
This course on Operations Management is an ideal choice for those looking to broaden their knowledge in the field of operations and equip themselves with the skills that they need to progress their career in this area. Split into ten comprehensive, intuitive and easy to follow modules, the course covers the full life cycle of the operations management process and provides you with a detailed understanding of the key disciplines in the sector.
The first module will provide you with an overarching general introduction to operations management and each subsequent module will focus on two or three specific areas, giving you all of the information and detail that you need to hit the ground running in the profession. The course covers a good range of specific and technical operations information and also more general management principles with the aim of giving you a broad and all-encompassing knowledge in the field.
The course is designed for anybody already working as an Operations Manager or anybody thinking of making a career move into the field. It is particularly useful for those who have previous experience within operations and are thinking of taking the next step into management. However, the course has been specifically designed to require no previous knowledge of the sector.
What you will learn
This course covers these key areas in detail, plus much more:
- An introduction to operations management, including its purpose and key principles, as well as a brief history of the discipline and an examination of what successful operations management looks like.
- The key technical skills and personal attributes that you need to become a good Operations Manager and how to develop a career in the field.
- A definition of supply chain management and specific information relating to the sub-areas of purchasing and inventory.
- A further analysis of supply chain management, including the roles of product development, design, distribution and marketing.
- How to ensure good quality across the different phases of operations management, including quality standards and dealing with legal regulations.
- The parallels between operations management and project management, how to structure your own operations projects and the use of new project methodologies such as Six Sigma, lean production and continuous improvement.
- An overview of the different types of employment and worker statutes found in the operations sector, including the use of contractors and subcontractors.
- Effective methods of managing people, including employees, contractors and suppliers, and your legal responsibilities towards these parties.
- The financial aspect of operations management, including dealing with cost management and ways to reduce costs throughout the organisation, plus how to work with common financial documents such as budgets, balance sheets and asset registers.
- The importance of sustainability and environmentally friendly initiatives and how operations management can support this area.
- How to draw up a robust corporate social responsibility strategy for your organisation.
- Common reasons for disputes and ways to avoid and resolve conflict.
Benefits of taking the course
- The ability to study from home, or anywhere with a convenient internet connection.
- Study at a pace that is comfortable for you. Since there is no time limit for this course, you will complete your studies, regardless of how long it takes you.
- You can study training material on any device including computers, tablets, or mobile phones.
- The ability to easily manage modules and understand course structure.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- The opportunity to access a comprehensive syllabus that will assist you in acquiring the knowledge necessary to fast track you in the process to becoming an Operations Manager.
- The opportunity to gain prospects while applying for work or other opportunities in the industry.
- A certified and recognised certificate upon successful course completion.
- An affordable pricing structure.
- A broad definition of operations management, including its purpose and its key principles
- What successful operations management looks like
- A brief history of operations management
- The key skills, experience and personal attributes that you need to be an Operations Manager
- Definitions of logistics and supply chain management
- Purchasing within SCM - why it is important
- Purchasing within SCM - steps in the process and how to find suppliers
- Purchasing within SCM - documents in the process and when things go wrong
- How to identify your target market
- Conducting primary and secondary market research and different methods that you can use
- Key stages of the product development process
- The production and scheduling process and different types of production, including job, batch and flow production
- Defining product distribution and different distribution channels
- Key individuals and parties involved in the distribution process
- Things to consider in the packaging and presentation of your product
- Deciding on delivery options for customers
- The importance of finance and cost management to the field of operations management
- Some key financial terminology and documents
- The importance of and how to compile budgets, balance sheets and asset registers
- What depreciation is and some common ways in which to calculate it
- An overview of different employment statuses, such as employed staff, contractors, subcontractors, agency workers and zero hours contracts
- Managing employed staff, including contractual clauses and statutory entitlements
- Contractors and subcontractors - advantages and disadvantages of using them and how to work with them in the best possible way
- Common clauses within contracts for services
- What project management is and how it can relate to your role as an Operations Manager
- The five key phases of project management
- Examples of operations management projects, or common projects types that you may be involved in
- What SMART objectives are and how to write them
- A definition of Six Sigma and its main principles
- Different tools and methodologies that you can use within the Six Sigma process
- Some strengths and potential weaknesses of the approach
- How to maximise the value of Six Sigma
- Ways to ensure quality in the design and productions phases
- The important of quality assurance and quality control, including testing
- Features of the ISO 9000 standards for quality
- Types of quality defects and how to deal with them
- An examination of corporate social responsibility and why it is an important initiative
- How to create an effective corporate social responsibility strategy
- A case study of a successful and wide-reaching CSR programme
- The characteristics of a sustainable or green business
Very well designed, brilliant and excellent!
One of few courses I have really enjoyed! The modules are designed with clarity, smart real-life examples and helpful tools to consider and use. The lessons can be downloaded easily so I can come back and revisit any time in the future.
The course embraced all important aspects of the Operations Management role, that gave me a great view of areas where I need to improve and encourage to learn more. Giving directions and assurance, this is the way I want my career to progress.
Very well designed, brilliant and excellent! Already considering more courses from New Skills Academy.
Agnieszka Sopel – Daventry
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Operations Management Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Operations Management Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 14 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention