- Course Code: N/A
- Location: N/A
- Duration: N/A hours
- Cost: ₹50,000.00
- Qualification: N/A
- Course Access: N/A
- Exams Included: N/A
- Compatibility: N/A
- Definition of nutrition as a discipline
- Importance of nutrition and its role in personal and national health
- Factors to consider in the study of nutrition
- Nutritional requirements and the concept of a balanced diet
- Understand basic human anatomy and organ systems
- Physiology of each system and functions
- Skeletal, muscular and cardiovascular system
- Muscular, urinary and endocrine system
- Identification of the nature of proteins and foods containing protein
- Amino acids and their role in nutrition
- Protein digestion and enzymatic action
- Simple and complex carbohydrates, structure and metabolism
- Effects of excessive and inadequate intake of carbohydrates
- Glycaemic index and glycaemic load
- Fatty acids and glycerol
- Types of fats (unsaturated, saturated and trans fats)
- Fat digestion process and enzymatic action
- Fat emulsion and the absorption process
- Fat metabolism and effects of excessive and inadequate intake
- Fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins and their role in biological function
- Biological functions, metabolism and deficiency symptoms of vitamin A
- Biological functions, metabolism and deficiency symptoms of vitamin D, E
- Biological functions, metabolism and deficiency symptoms of vitamin K
- Biological functions, metabolism and deficiency symptoms of vitamin C
Module 7 : Micronutrients and their Role in Nutrition (III) (Vitamin B Complex, Minerals and Electrolytes)
- The metabolism, function and benefits of Vitamin B complex
- Deficiency symptoms, sources and toxicity side-effects
- Functions and benefits of minerals
- Calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, sulphur and selenium
- Nutritional requirements of infants and preschool children
- Importance of breast milk and how to wean infants off
- Diets and nutritional requirements of school children and adolescents
- Nutritional dilemmas faced by teenagers in the UK
- Different nutritional needs for women
- Why iron and calcium are important for women
- Nutritional status before, during and after conception
- Nutrition for menopause
Module 10 : Dietary Reference Values in the UK; Duties, Responsibilities and Job Profile of a Nutritionist
- Dietary reference values, goals and guidelines
- Nutrition tips for older adults and sports persons
- Efforts of the UK government with regard to providing nutrition for the public
- Differences between a dietitian, nutritionist and nutritional therapist
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Nutrition course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Nutrition course?We estimate that the course will take about hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention