- Course Code: UKFEC17UDT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: ₹20,000.00
- Qualification: Pass Your Driving Test - Theory & Practical Prep Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Pass Your Driving Test - Theory & Practical Prep Certificate
The UK Driving Test Theory course contains everything you need to know in order to prepare for, and pass, the UK Driving Theory Test. Passing this two-part test is essential if you are looking to obtain a driving licence, but the success rate is only around fifty per cent. Therefore, you need to make sure you are familiar with the syllabus and feel confident in tackling both parts of the test. There is no limit to the number of times you can sit the test, but passing it first time will save you money, time and stress.
This course addresses not only the key content of the theory test syllabus, but also gives you the skills you need in order to retain the material, link it to your practical driving experience and control your nerves before the test. In addition, you will also gain a head start on preparing for your practical test. The course will allow you to become a safe, confident driver who is equipped to handle a range of situations on the road. The majority of the information in this course also applies to motorcyclists.
What You Will Learn
- An overview of the purpose and structure of the test, the books upon which the syllabus is based and practical information on how to book and take the test.
- The rules of the road as they apply to pedestrians and users of high-powered mobility scooters, and why you need to learn this information in advance of your test.
- General rules that all drivers and riders need to follow when using the road, including advice on how to drive safely on different types of road.
- Assessing your fitness to drive, including guidance on driving with a medical condition and how alcohol affects your ability to drive safely. You will also learn how age affects driving competence, and when you will need to renew your licence.
- How to drive safely in a range of adverse weather conditions and how to accommodate road users that require extra care and consideration such as the elderly, cyclists and those with disabilities.
- The importance of knowing what traffic signs mean and how to decipher common road markings.
- How to execute common manoeuvres, including turns and reversing, and how to deal with junctions.
- Why you need to be familiar with the basics of vehicle maintenance, the checks you need to make and the importance of getting your car serviced.
- How to revise for the theory test so that you can enter the exam room feeling calm, prepared and ready to succeed.
- An overview of the practical driving test – what examiners look for, the structure of the test and how it is graded.
Benefits of taking this course:
- You can learn the material any place, any time and at your own speed.
- All you need is an internet-enabled device.
- Content is presented as brief modules, making learning easy.
- Access to an online support system.
- A complete overview of the UK Driving Theory Test.
- Affordable cost.
- A brief overview of the contents and purpose of the UK Driving Theory Test;
- Who needs to take the test, and when they should take it;
- Practical information you need to know, in order to book and sit the test;
- How to find practice tests and other materials that will help you prepare for the assessment;
- Why you need to learn the parts of ‘The Highway Code’ that apply to pedestrians and users of mobility scooters;
- General guidance for pedestrians walking on public highways;
- How pedestrians should cross the road using the Green Cross Code; how they ought to behave, when using various types of crossing; how they should respond to situations requiring special care and consideration;
- The rules that users of powered wheelchairs and mobility scooters must observe, when riding their vehicles on the pavement;
- Why you need to learn about the general rules and advice intended for all drivers and riders;
- How to use signals appropriately, in such a way that makes your intentions clear;
- How to ensure that you are travelling at a speed appropriate for the road; how to use your brakes and how to calculate thinking and stopping distances;
- Special guidance on how to drive on various types of road, including dual carriageways and country roads;
- Why it is important that you monitor your fitness to drive, and when you should report changes in your health to the DVSA;
- The relationship between age and driving safety, and how drivers aged 70 and over must renew their licence every three years;
- What to do before setting off on a journey, and how to reduce the risk of a collision;
- Why you should not use alcohol or illegal drugs before driving;
- Why you need to know in advance how to drive safely, in various kinds of weather;
- How to drive in wet, windy, foggy, icy and hot conditions;
- Why you need to accommodate certain groups of road users;
- How to drive safely, whilst taking into account the needs of vulnerable road users;
- Why you need to become familiar with traffic signs and road markings;
- The three key types of road sign;
- The role of lines and markings painted across the road;
- The role of lines and markings painted down the centre of the road;
- Why you need to know how to carry out vital checks on your vehicle;
- The checks that you should make on a regular and periodic basis;
- What to do, if you experience a breakdown or collision on the road;
- What to do at the scene of an accident;
- Why you need to know how to execute common manoeuvres;
- How to reverse safely in a car;
- How to turn a car around;
- How to park a car;
- Why you should not rely on implicit knowledge, when taking the test;
- The three books that contain all you need to learn, before taking the test;
- How to retain the knowledge that you will need, in order to pass the test;
- Why it is a good idea to ask others for help in preparing for your test;
- When you should book your driving test;
- How to schedule your test, and where it will take place;
- The structure of the test, and how it is carried out;
- What examiners look for in those taking the practical test, and how you will be marked;
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Pass Your Driving Test – Theory & Practical Prep Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Pass Your Driving Test – Theory & Practical Prep Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention