- Course Code: WWFET15IMD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 20 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: International Massage Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
International Massage Diploma
This International Massage Diploma is designed for anyone who is passionate about massage and wants to start a career as a massage therapist. The course provides insight into all aspects of massage, ensuring you get a complete overview that you can use to secure a position within the massage industry.
Introduction to International Massage Diploma
This industry recognized diploma comprises of nineteen modules. Each module is brimming with valuable information, techniques, advice and more to help you achieve success as a massage therapist. The modules include the convenience of video tutorials, providing you with advice and assistance when it comes to various techniques.
The complete course takes around twenty hours to complete. This can be studied in your own time, at your own pace and wherever you feel most comfortable. You can access your course modules on any device, whether it’s a desktop computer on your desk at home, your tablet or your mobile phone.
During your studies you will have access to an online tutor who is always on hand to assist you as you may need. Further good news regarding the International Massage Diploma is that it is open to anyone, there are no entry requirements.
What you Will Learn
During this course you will learn everything you need to know when starting a career as a massage therapist. On completion you will be awarded a certificate as proof that you have the knowledge and insight you need to secure a position within the massage industry.
- Get an understanding about massage therapy, its history, how it is used and the physical and psychological effects massage can have on the body.
- Understand the human body from the skeleton to the central nervous system. Knowing the body's anatomy can help you become a successful therapist in the future.
- Learn about massage equipment from how to use massage tables to the various types of oil you can use.
- Understand why listening skills are so important to your success as a massage therapist.
- Get an understanding of the different massage techniques you can use. Also learn more about alternative therapies and reflexology.
- Use the video guides to determine how to use your new found techniques to assist your clients.
- Learn how to perform Indian head massages, facial massages, pregnancy massages.
- Identify the correct techniques you should be using for each part of the body.
- Know what should always be discussed with your client at initial consultations to ensure you know what services they need.
- A guide to medical massage, understand how to provide massage for special groups and how massage can be beneficial when it comes to certain illnesses.
- Identify what techniques you should be using when you massage a baby and how this can be beneficial to both the mother and the baby.
- Learn more about aromatherapy and how you can use this in conjunction with massage. Learn about the different oils and what they are used for. You will also gain valuable insight into why oils are so important in aromatherapy.
Benefits of the International Massage Diploma
Anyone interested in working in the field of massage therapy will benefit from completing this information packed course, with the advantage of video tutorials to teach you essential techniques.
The course is overflowing with benefits, these include:
- Get your foot in the door by having a basic knowledge and understanding of massage from day one.
- Enjoy the convenience of a certification to prove your ability and offer an industry recognized certification to potential employers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in terms of massage therapy, what it entails and how to complete various techniques.
- Get insider advice and tips to achieve success.
- Study online in the convenience of your own home and at your own pace. Study on any device.
- Enjoy the convenience of ongoing support and guidance throughout your studies from an experienced tutor.
- What massage therapy is and about the heritage and traditions of massage therapy
- How effective massage therapy can be as treatment and how it works
- The different types of massage and the different techniques they use
- What psychological and physical effects massage therapy has on the body
- About human anatomy and what it means
- All about the central nervous system and the role it plays in the body
- About the structure of the skeletal system and where to locate specific parts of the body
- About the different systems in the body
- About the equipment that is used in massage therapy
- How to use the equipment required for the job
- How effective equipment or resources can be when practicing massage therapy
- The different types of oil that can be used
- The importance of communication and listening to your clients
- Why listening is vital when delivering specific needs to your clients and ensuring you give them what they want
- How to listen reflectively and how to empathise
- How to successfully conduct and partake in interviews
- What kind of massage techniques you can use throughout your career
- About the different types of massage strokes that are used
- What other types of therapies can be used alongside massage techniques
- About reflexology and how to treat different parts of the body
- How to give an Indian/ Eastern head massage
- The heritage and inspiration that this type of massage was invented from and why
- How the upper body region works in synergy when giving a head massage
- What to do after you have given a massage
- Why you should always start with a consultation when giving facial massages
- How to perform a skin analysis
- About the need for cleansing
- How to properly conduct a facial massage and why it is different to a body massage
- How to give a proper back and neck massage
- The problems and symptoms that can cause back and neck problems or pain
- The correct techniques to use when giving a massage on a person's back or neck
- You will learn the different areas around the neck and spine, understanding what precautions must be taken
- What a full body massage is
- About the 6 steps involved in performing a full body massage
- What you should look to discuss in the initial client consultation
- Things you should avoid
- About the history of Swedish massage
- What happens in a Swedish massage session
- The techniques required to perform Swedish Massage
- A video tutorial guiding you through the whole process
- What a sports massage is and what it encompasses
- Why people will need sports massage therapy
- How to give a proper sports massage
- The benefits of sports massage
- What a sports massage is and what it encompasses
- Why people will need sports massage therapy
- How to give a proper sports massage
- The benefits of sports massage
- What cellulite is and how it is caused
- How anti-cellulite massage therapy works
- How to give an anti-cellulite massage
- What to avoid when giving an anti-cellulite massage
- What a hot stone massage is
- How to give a hot stone massage
- The benefits of a hot stone massage
- What different techniques can be used
- About Thai foot massage
- How to give a Thai foot massage
- About the history and efficacy of Thai foot massage
- What to avoid when giving a Thai foot massage
- The advantages this can give to pregnant women
- Necessary precautions to ensure maximum safety for clients and yourself
- Who should avoid pregnancy massage
- And an in-depth look on how to give a pregnancy massage
- How to give a medical massage to specific groups
- The importance of being able to accommodate special groups
- The benefits this can have for your career as a massage therapist
- How massage therapy can help different types of illnesses
- How to give a baby massage
- What to avoid when giving a baby massage
- How it can benefit both mother and baby
- The techniques that should be used
- What aromatherapy is
- How you can combine aromatherapy with massage
- What essential oils are and how they work
- What the most important oils in aromatherapy are
What our students have to say…
The International Massage course is exceptional in value. The course is comprehensively laid out, each component labelled with an initial written notes, followed by details excellent videos which actually show exactly how to massage.
The course covers all types of massage such as Lomi lomi massage to hot stone massage.
I have benefited enormously from registering on this course. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this course to anyone as I am aware of how much they would benefit.
I gave my friend a massage just for fun & she was amazed & told me she thinks I am the best masseuse ever. She should know as she has regular massages from professional. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead sign up for the course.
By the way no one is paying me to say this, I am saying what I believe to be true.
Abba Howson – Leeds
My Best Idea
Taking the International Massage Diploma Course at New Skills Academy was my best idea and my best investment in a long time.
The flexible timing, professional yet easy understand material helped me to change career (and life) in no time. Absolutely brilliant.
Mihaly Galambosi – Cumbria
The Content & Layout are Spot-on
I’ve only just started this course but already the content layout and info are spot on.
I was only going to do the 1st module the evening I got it but four hours later I had almost completed four! I just couldn’t put it down.
I have just finished an online aromatherapy course but the massage section was vague so this complements it perfectly I would recommend to anyone. I will be using this as a business but it’s also perfect for people to learn for friends and family! So glad I found it.
Gemma Espejo-Degraph – Essex
It is fascinating and easy to understand
I am a qualified beauty therapist wishing to extend my practice. I found this course online, I am about half way through at present and am extremely surprised at the detail this course includes.
It is fascinating and easy to understand.
The instructional videos are well made and easy to follow. Personally I feel I need to take a long time to practice each massage and to take notes to read and re read to ensure I am confident before treating any of my clients. I would recommend this course provider and in particular this course of massage to everyone it’s amazing !!!
Michelle Keane – Yeovil
I learned loads of interesting information
I am Massage Therapist, I know many things about various massages and techniques. On this website I finished Upper body course and I learned loads of interesting information which I did not know before.
I recommend this for everyone who wants to be a professional massage therapist or just keep it as a hobby and give a massages to family members or close friends, because it is very helpful to know how to give massage correctly.
Definitely will buy more courses from this website. Looking forward to buy a new course and learn more and more and more!
Sarune Liepaite – London
I’m looking forward to learn more
It is quite an interesting course! I have learnt a lot since I have seen the precise explanation and video illustration, and I have enough time to learn so well as I did it in my own pace. I’ve fully understood the whole concept on each module.
By the time I’ve finished the last module, I’m quite prepared for the exam because everything I’ve learnt has already been absorbed into my mind. Even once I’ve finished the course, I’m looking forward to learn more by reviewing the course again.
Now, I can properly apply the techniques into our massage spa business.
Ma Margarita – Poole
I would highly recommend (in fact I have already) this course
I had been thinking about doing a massage course for some time and found this course on-line and added it to a wish list for Christmas ideas. To my surprise, I was gifted this course and I have just completed the 19 modules and assessment.
This course is fantastic, educational, easy to navigate around and very clearly presented along with great videos. I would highly recommend (in fact I have already) this course to anyone wishing to learn how to deliver high quality massages.
Fantastic course for those who have an interest in discovering the various massage styles and techniques that are described in detail and with the supporting videos to reinforce the theory it is excellent.
I have delivered several massages to friends as I have been going through the course and feel that the style of learning, the ability to pick up a module at your own personal convenience suited me perfectly as I could fit it around other areas of my life and truly commit quality time to learning these new found skills.
Andrew Kerr – Broxburn
I have recommended this site to friends and family
It was great, lots of knowledge and able to learn at my own pace was fantastic, and that I have access to it after completing exam is great too!
I am excited to start further learning and will likely try another course provided from this website! Exam was easy and straight forward, and provided you with the questions you did not get correct so that you are able to further study.
I have recommended this site to friends and family, and will continue learning! Thank you so much New Skills Academy! You are an amazing site and I am grateful!
Anahita Dehghani, Barrie
Simply one of the best investments I’ve made in my ongoing professional development
I completed the international massage diploma months ago and love to keep revisiting modules. I learn something new each and every time because there’s such a wealth of information presented in a beautifully user-friendly way with excellent videos to accompany each massage technique.
I’m already a working massage therapist, who enjoys attending short courses to up-skill and be able to provide my clients with more value. And ‘The New Skills Academy’ massage course is simply one of the best investments I’ve made in my ongoing professional development.
I’m now a whizz at facial massage (something they didn’t teach at massage school) and Lomi-Lomi too! Highly recommended!
Bee Scott – London
New Skills Academy are by far the best!
I have now done a few online courses but of the courses I have done, the New Skills Academy are by far the best! All that I have done have been very thorough and easy to follow.
The massage course was incredibly detailed and was enjoyable to do. They covered all aspects from the history, anatomy, and techniques, to equipment, communication with your clients and Aromatherapy.
I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending any of their courses, whether you want to learn a new skill or brushing up on existing skills. These courses are great value for money! I will be doing more.
Sue Pearce – Hoddesdon
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the International Massage Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 19 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 19 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 19 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the International Massage Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention