- Course Code: UKMEC17IPE
- Location: Online
- Duration: 7 hours
- Cost: ₹10,000.00
- Qualification: Improving Personal Effectiveness Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Improving Personal Effectiveness
Improving personal effectiveness enriches the life and capacities of the individual, and when applied across organisations is a formidable tool to enhance efficiency and productivity. The skills and tools this course provides will help you and your organisation become more effective at managing your most valuable resources, including your time.
The knowledge, skills and tools to become effective in your personal and professional life are learnt, not inherited. This means that no matter where you are at the moment; there is always room for improvement. Many organisations try and cut costs to drive profits, when in reality improving the effectiveness of existing resources is a much more practical, rapid and valuable way to drive profits.
For employers, managers and leaders, you will find how to steer your workforce to perform with more efficacy. For employees, workers and staff, you will learn how to excel in your job and create more opportunities for your career path. This course is sourced from credible scientific research and studies, giving you empirically, results driven content that will maximise your ability to be effective.
This course contains written material that clearly and succinctly gets to the heart of improving personal effectiveness. It also contains practical tools, exercises, tests and worksheets to apply the knowledge you gain and reinforce it through experiential learning.
What you will learn
This course will teach you:
- How personal effectiveness is crucial to getting fulfilment out of life
- The habits of effective and ineffective individuals
- How habits are formed and how to change ineffective habits
- How workplace behaviour affects the ability to be effective
- How to deal with disruptive workplace behaviours and difficult situations
- How to set clear objectives and achievable goals
- Methods to effectively organise and prioritise tasks
- Methods to effectively manage time
- Methods to deal with stressful situations and stay motivated
- Workplace skills and their importance
- How to effectively conduct meetings
- How to effectively lobby and gain influence
This course provides a thorough explanation of all these topics and more. Upon completion of this course you will understand how to maximise your effectiveness and have the tools you need to do so. In our fast paced modern lives time often seems to be slipping away, when in reality it is simply not being managed effectively. Learn how to prioritise your time to get the most out of your life and become the most effective version of you possible, with immense rewards.
- Define personal effectiveness and the critical role it plays in success and fulfilment in all areas of life
- Understand the habits of effective and ineffective people and recognise these habits within ourselves
- Understand how our habits are formed, reinforced and maintained
- Learn how to shift ineffective habits to effective habits and create lasting change
- Understand workplace behaviour and how it affects the realisation of organisational goals
- Learn how you can discern disruptive workplace behaviours in yourself and in colleagues
- Identify the main causes of disruptive behaviour in the workplace
- Grasp the importance of feedback with respect to workplace behaviour
- Understanding the value of direction and setting clear objectives
- Learning how to define priorities and act on them
- Teaching the foundations of time management and tools for success
- Develop the skills needed to make stepwise progress towards bigger accomplishments
- Obtain a general overview of some key workplace skills and their importance
- Understand how to conduct successful meetings and improve meeting effectiveness
- Learn how to properly lead a meeting and create a conductive meeting environment
- Grasp the importance of lobbying and how to gain influence over others
- Understand the power of personal development when it comes to your own effectiveness
- Discover the qualities, traits and skills which make you most effective
- Find out how your emotions are driving unconscious behaviours that hinder you
- Learn how to inspire yourself and focus on positive emotions
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Improving Personal Effectiveness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Improving Personal Effectiveness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 7 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention