- Course Code: UKFEC16FAW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: Fraud Management & Anti-Money Laundering Awareness Diploma (Level 2)
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices / browsers
Fraud Awareness Diploma
Whether you own your own company, you work in the finance industry or you are in a management position, knowing and understanding fraud, how to identify it and the different fraudulent methods can reduce the risk of someone in the company costing your business millions in the long run. Our Fraud Awareness Diploma provides valuable insight into fraud and money laundering for you to take advantage of.
Introduction to the Fraud Awareness Diploma
The Fraud Awareness Diploma is an information packed course which is broken down into twenty five manageable modules. Each module provides you with valuable insight, information and advice that you can use daily to reduce the risk of your company being a victim of fraud and money laundering.
This course is offered via distance learning with all modules accessible via the internet. You can use any device to gain access to the modules, whether you are at home using a laptop or on the tube using your phone, as long as you have internet access. You will be given lifetime access to the modules, so you can brush up on your knowledge at any time.
The diploma is industry recognised and you will be given the opportunity to download and print your certificate on successful completion and passing of the test, or you can choose to have it posted to you at a nominal fee.
What you will learn
The course is brimming with information that can help you identify money laundering and fraud on both a personal and business level. The course will teach you the following:
- Learn the fundamentals of fraud. Identify what is internal and external fraud.
- Identify with the human element of fraud. This includes studies, reasoning, motivation and rationalisation.
- Understand what finance crime is, the types, most common forms of finance crime and more.
- Learn about fraud analysis along with five methods you can use.
- Get insight into the analytical process from risk areas to what to look for.
- Identify the various methodologies associated with fraud.
- Learn everything there is to know about identity theft. Learn how to prevent it and what to do if you find yourself a victim.
- Understand the correlations and trends relating to fraud from its correlation to gambling, money laundering, wealth and more.
- Identify the five step management process.
- Learn about bribery and corruption. Gain valuable insight into UK Bribery Law.
- Learn how to detect fraud, how to predict anomalies and events.
- Get insight into the various fraud solutions from knowing your employees to raising awareness and setting up reporting programs.
- Identify what action you should take when you suspect fraud.
- Learn valuable information regarding bank fraud.
- Understand the investigative process.
- Learn the best fraud tools to use.
- Identify what money laundering is.
- Learn the various methods of money laundering.
- Learn about money laundering regulations, who you report to, identifying risks and so much more.
- Get valuable insight into the Proceed of Crime and Terrorism Acts in the United Kingdom.
- Know what the HMT sanctions list is and how you can use it.
- Learn about record keeping and reporting.
- Identify how to report to the NCA and how this differs from a police report.
- Get insight into staff training, internal reporting procedures, policies and more.
The Fraud Awareness Diploma is full of valuable information that you can start implementing and using each and every day without delay. The course has many benefits, these include:
- Enjoy online access to training modules twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Access modules from any device linked to the internet.
- Course is broken down into manageable information packed modules.
- Enjoy lifetime access to modules online.
- Enjoy the convenience of online support at all times.
- Two chances to pass multiple choice test at end of course.
- On successful completion and passing, download and print certificate.
- Industry recognised certificate.
- Employers and potential employers can confirm certification online.
- Fast track career.
- Gain valuable insight into fighting fraud and money laundering and save the company money in the long run.
- Definition of fraud
- Internal vs external fraud
- Offender profiles
- Elements and Types of fraud
- Why good people become fraudsters
- Motivation and rationalisation
- What is financial crime.
- Who commits financial crimes
- Types of financial crimes.
- Common financial crimes
- What is fraud analysis
- 5 Analysis methods to use
- Risk areas
- Common occurrences
- What to look for
- Analytical System
- Types of fraud
- Process of detection
- Common Fraud Techniques
- Dealing with fraudulent employees
- What is identity theft
- Identity fraud
- How to prevent identity theft
- What to do if you are a victim of identity theft
- Fraud and money laundering correlation
- Fraud and gambling
- Fraud and wealth
- Five step management process
- Fraud risk governance
- Fraud risk assessment
- Prevention and detection
- Biggest bribe cases in business
- UK Bribery Law
- What is corruption
- What is fraud
- Fraud detection
- Predicting rare events
- The importance of knowing your employees
- Set up a reporting system and raise awareness
- Internal control implementation
- Monitor employees leave
- Suspect fraud
- Fraud victim
- Plan preventative strategy
- Plan detection strategy
- Definition of bank fraud
- Types of bank fraud
- Understanding bank fraud
- Fraud risks for companies
- The 5 step process
- Who to include in the investigative team
- Conducting fieldwork
- Tools you may already own
- Active data - add on for Excel
- Kount Complete
- What is money laundering
- How money laundering occurs
- What makes money laundering illegal
- 3 Stage Process
- Crime proceeds
- Common money laundering methods
- Red flags, what to look for
- Methods to stop money laundering
- Who does money laundering regulations apply to
- When you don't need to register
- Identifying risks
- Introduction to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Introduction to the Terrorism Act 2000
- Reporting obligations
- Money laundering regulations
- The Financial Regime
- Understanding financial sanctions
- Reporting to HM Treasury
- What client information you need to collect
- What is it
- Companies regulated under the Act
- Regulatory framework
- The Financial Services Authority
- General record keeping requirements
- Failure to disclose accurate financial records
- Financial reporting standard
- Staff training
- What is the NCA
- How differs regular police force
- SAR system
- Obtaining consent from NCA
- Staff training
- What to include
- Internal reporting procedures
- Policies and procedures with sample document
What our students have to say…
I really enjoyed it
Very interesting content, good material, clear and full of a lot of aspects about various frauds.
I really enjoyed it and I suggest to take this course to improve knowledge of fraud and money laundering.
Simple, quick, easy and informative.
Amazing, informative course, really great value for money. Easy to use and navigate the website, and well worth it. Very clear and concise instructions.
I work in fraud at the moment and am just looking for something to add to my CV. Really great value for money. Simple, quick, easy and informative. Lots of modules that make up the course that are simple yet informative about fraud and money laundering and other aspects of fraud.
I’ve enjoyed the course so far and am looking forward to completing it and gaining a new qualification for my CV as well as new knowledge for my current workplace.
Jade Petrie – Manchester
I am finding this course to be a great help
Great insight into Fraud. Having only dealt with certain areas of fraud such as insurance fraud I am finding this course to be a great help to increase my knowledge and understanding of other types of fraud and areas/industries affected.
Hopefully this will help me to look at pursuing jobs that I would not have the confidence to apply for due to lack of knowledge or understanding.
Mohammad Akhtar – Manchester
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Fraud Management & Anti-Money Laundering Awareness Diploma (Level 2) course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 25 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 25 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 25 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Fraud Management & Anti-Money Laundering Awareness Diploma (Level 2) course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention