- Course Code: UKFPC16ADA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: Display Screen Equipment Awareness Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Display Screen Equipment Awareness
Display screen equipment is an essential part of many jobs. It seems that almost everyone, including office workers, those conducting surveillance, and personal assistants spend most of their time staring at a screen as part of their job. While it is an inescapable part of the modern workplace, there are precautions that individuals should take to reduce the risks associated with long-term DSE exposure.
This course provides you with a comprehensive guide to assessing display screen equipment. It begins by giving you an introduction to the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations, including a discussion of employee and employer obligations. The course also goes into detail about the minimum workstation requirements that must be met, as well as providing you with a series of tips to help you control and prevent DSE risks.
You Will Learn:
- Information about the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations, including the rationale behind its development
- The minimum requirements all workstations governed by the Regulations must meet
- Employer obligations in relation to the DSE Regulations, including the provision of eye care, training and information
- How to conduct a workstation assessment and information about its form
- Tips on controlling and preventing DSE risks in your workplace
- The essential factors all individuals must consider when conducting their assessments
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations and how they impact the workplace
- Gaining insight into the rights and obligations extended to employers and users under the DSE Regulations
- Understanding the minimum requirements each workstation covered by the DSE Regulations must meet
- Knowing how to conduct a workstation assessment, including the essential elements you need to keep in mind each time you complete one
- Learning helpful tips on how to control and reduce DSE risks at your workplace
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Display Screen Equipment Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Display Screen Equipment Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention