- Course Code: UKVC18DAC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: Disability Awareness Certification
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Disability Awareness Certification
People with disabilities represent a large untapped labour pool, offering valuable skills, qualifications and assets for employees, yet they continue to be restricted when it comes to participating in the workforce.
Disability crosses all barriers and it’s important that employers and businesses begin to increase their standards of diversity to include employees with disabilities. By removing unfair discriminatory barriers and making reasonable accommodations for their needs, employers can benefit from the skill sets that people with disabilities offer.
This course aims to help you and your business understand the benefits of recruiting and hiring individuals with disabilities and guide you in opening your application process to all possible candidates.
You Will Learn:
- About the barriers that people with disabilities face when looking for employment
- What the benefits of employing staff with disabilities are
- The role that HR plays in recruiting and hiring people with disabilities
- About recruitment strategies that can help increase your access to potential applicants
- Tips on interviewing people with disabilities
- About proper disability etiquette in the workplace
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will learn how to remove discriminatory barriers in your workplace by making reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities
- You will be able to increase the variety of skills in your workplace by ensuring that all potential candidates are able to apply
- Your staff will benefit from increased productivity, creativity and diversity
- You will be able to provide a wider range of services
- You will be better equipped to deal with disability awareness, both in the workplace and society
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Disability Awareness Certification course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Disability Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention