- Course Code: UKVC18DAD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: Diabetes Awareness Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Diabetes Awareness Diploma
Diabetes affects 4.6 million people in the UK and 415 million people around the world. It is a chronic condition requiring lifelong treatment. Potential complications include loss of vision, nerve damage and cardiovascular disease. Living with diabetes can be challenging and emotionally draining.
Fortunately, receiving practical support can make life with diabetes easier and safer. This course contains an overview of the most common types of diabetes, their symptoms and causes, and the role employers can play in helping individuals with diabetes succeed at work.
You Will Learn:
- What diabetes is, how it develops, the symptoms of Type 1 diabetes and how it impacts a person’s wellbeing.
- The symptoms, causes and risk factors for Type 2 diabetes, along with potential complications.
- How people diagnosed with diabetes can stay well, what check-ups they need and how they can avoid the complications associated with diabetes.
- How diabetes can affect someone in the workplace, why it is a good idea to notify other workers of their condition and how employers can make reasonable adjustments to accommodate their needs.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you know or work with someone diagnosed with diabetes, this course will provide you with an insight into their condition.
- If you employ someone with diabetes, this course will help you understand your obligations under the law with regards to their condition and help you make reasonable adjustments to help them carry out their job.
- This course will help you intervene with confidence in the event of a diabetic emergency.
- If you work in the healthcare field, you will benefit from this overview of a relatively common condition.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Diabetes Awareness Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Diabetes Awareness Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention