- Course Code: UKFPC16DPW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: Data Protection in the Workplace Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Data Protection in the Workplace
Data protection is a very important aspect of almost every workplace. Regardless of industry, most companies have some personal data or sensitive data regarding each one of their customers and employees. Learning how to create a robust data protection policy as well as the best practices you should use when dealing with private data is the best way to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of data protection requirements in the workplace. The course begins by giving a general overview of data protection, its benefits, and key facts about the Data Protection Act. The course also goes over how to put together a data protection policy for your company as well as letting you know how to respond to information requests.
You Will Learn:
- Information about the Data Protection Act, including the rights afforded to individuals and the responsibilities conferred onto organisations
- The conditions that are attached to the gathering, processing, and maintenance of data
- What is required of your company if you want to share data with other branches in your organisation
- The four essential aspects of data security
- How to develop an ideal data protection policy that meets your organisation’s needs
- The steps you should take to handle requests for information from individuals
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about the Data Protection Act and the benefits of compliance
- Gaining insight into the rights extended to individuals under the Data Protection Act regarding the handling of their personal and sensitive data
- Understanding the obligations organisations must meet if they want to collect, use, and maintain personal or sensitive data
- Acquiring information about how to properly share data with others inside your organisation without violating the act
- Gaining important information about the development of a comprehensive data protection policy
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Data Protection in Workplace Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 6 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 6 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 6 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Data Protection in Workplace Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention