- Course Code: UKMET15IBB
- Location: Online
- Duration: 5 hours
- Cost: ₹10,000.00
- Qualification: Cupcake Academy: Introduction to Running a Baking Business Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Introduction to Running a Baking Business Diploma
The Introduction to Running a Baking Business course is ideal for anyone who is interested in opening up a bakery. This course is comprehensive, so you will have all the information you need to begin a successful career in this field.
As a successful cake decorator, you will need to understand the dos and don’ts of baking a cake and how to handle complaints in case things don’t go according to plan. As you work through this course, you will obtain a full knowledge of this information, and how to run the day to day activities of your business.
As this is an online course, all of the material is available to you whenever and wherever your require it. Since the course information is available to you 24 hours a day, you can study at a pace that works for you. Many people who take the course are still able to work full time, which allows you to maintain your current lifestyle whilst working towards achieving your dreams.
To take the course, you will require a device that allows you to access the internet, and while you study, you can also use the online support feature. While you train, you will find the course to be easy to go through thanks to the flexible modules.
When completing the course, you must complete and pass a multiple choice exam, and then you will be awarded your diploma. You can print your diploma from home, or we can post it to you for an additional cost.
What You Will Learn
The introduction to running a baking business diploma course will fully prepare you to open and run your new bakery. The course will cover the following information:
- About running and marketing your business
- Cake transportation
- Photographing your cakes
- Running your business
- Employees and benefits
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Accounting, record keeping, and tax information
- Hiring staff
- Providing staff training
Benefits of the Introduction to Running a Baking Business Diploma
When you work towards earning your introduction to running a baking business diploma online, you will find the following benefits:
- Study anytime and anywhere that is convenient for you.
- Complete the course at a pace that is comfortable for you and your lifestyle.
- Study from any device including a tablet, PC or mobile phone.
- Enjoy your study experience with easy to manage modules.
- Online support is available to help you stay on track.
- Stay on the fast track to success with a comprehensive syllabus.
- Improving your prospects while applying for work in the field.
- Receive a certified diploma that is respected in the industry.
- A pricing structure that is affordable.
- About Creating Winning Recipes
- About Baking and Decorating
- About Running and Marketing Your Business
- How to Decide on a Niche
- How to decide if you or the client is going to transport the cake
- If you have the proper sized vehicle
- How to determine the correct sized box for you cake
- Whether you need help carrying the cake
- Which digital camera is best
- The lenses you should use
- The lighting required for a perfect picture
- What type of backdrops work best when photographing your cakes
- What your overheads will likely be
- How to choose a name for your business
- The software you need to run a cake business
- About employees and benefits
- The do’s and don’ts when baking a cake.
- What to do when things don’t go to plan
- How to handle complaints
- How to provide great customer service
- About Health and Safety Guidelines
- Legal food inspections and how they effect you
- What your hygiene requirements are
- What is the HACCP
- Why accounting is so important
- About VAT & other taxes you have to pay
- About recording keeping and its importance to your business
- How to keep organised with business licenses
- How to find the best staff for your business
- The best way to interview prospective employees
- How to train your staff
- About employee inspection and creating a hand book
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Cupcake Academy: Introduction to Running a Baking Business course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 8 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 8 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 8 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Cupcake Academy: Introduction to Running a Baking Business course?We estimate that the course will take about 5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention