- Course Code: UKMGC17CSM
- Location: Online
- Duration: 50 hours
- Cost: ₹100,000.00
- Qualification: Combined Sales & Marketing Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Includes the Following Courses
Combined Sales & Marketing Diploma
People say it is money that makes the world go round and in the business environment, there are a couple of key activities that when combined form a well-oiled machine that makes sure there are always customers and cash flowing into the business. Sales and marketing are the two best friends walking hand-in-hand to help you achieve this ultimate goal.
If you are looking to set up your own business, develop and market your idea or if you are simply looking to get a job in the fast paced business environment, then this combined course is for you. This ultimate sales and marketing course wraps up four key topics into separate courses - traditional marketing, digital marketing, advertising and sales. It is an overview of everything you should know and be doing in order to get your idea, product or business discovered.
The course takes you on a journey to explore these topics, learning key concepts and techniques and building a solid foundation of knowledge and practical experience as you work through the modules, teaching you how to make sure that people know, buy and love what you have to offer.
What you will learn:
- The fundamentals of Search Engine Optimisation and how to make sure that your content can be discovered by search engines
- What Web Analytics are and how they can help you see the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns.
- The key difference between marketing and advertising and why it is important to distinguish between both activities
- The anatomy of an advert and how knowing about message positioning can help you build a strong brand
- How to plan and execute a successful advertising campaign and why this is important for promoting your product or business
- What makes a piece of content go viral and how to use this for advertising purposes
- The psychology of selling and the theory behind the typical sales cycle
- How to become successful in sales and have people buy your products
The demand for high quality marketers is increasing exponentially and there has never been a better time to get into the field. Hundreds of new companies are incorporated every day in the world and to get their name heard, all of them need marketing.
The Marketing Diploma explores the traditional methods and techniques used to promote and sell products and services. Beginning with the theoretical introduction to the four P’s of marketing, going through lessons focused on the practical ways to identify your potential client and their specific need, and wrapping up with step-by-step explanations of how to conduct a market research analysis, this course provides all the tools that a beginner in marketing may need in order to hone their skills.
Stepping up the game, apart from fundamental knowledge, the course features advanced topics in marketing focused on the importance of building your own marketing plan and how it will help you boost the results from marketing.
Digital Marketing Diploma
The fundamentals of traditional marketing outlined in the Marketing Diploma are further expanded in the Digital Marketing Diploma course that looks specifically into promoting your products or services using the digital channels that are available today.
The course touches on a variety of digital marketing tools and techniques. Mimicking the online behaviours of people, the course follows a logical flow - starting from the search engine and how to optimise content so the search engine can “understand” it and including practical advice on how to utilise social media and pay-per-click advertising to gather and drive traffic to your website.
But digital doesn’t end with search engines and social media channels, there is more than meets the eye and the course goes in-depth to discuss how to analyse data using web analytics as well as how to plan and launch email and mobile campaigns. It is an all-round primer providing the “know how” to anyone who wants to be successful in the digital 21st century.
People often explain digital marketing as just one slice of the marketing pie and using the same logic, advertising is another slice of the same pie, perhaps an even bigger one. The Advertising Diploma course is a brief overview of traditional advertising, focusing on practical methods and working knowledge.
Strategies, planning and budgeting are the crucial components of a successful advertising campaign and the course explores all of them and more - it also examines what makes an ad go viral as well as the most common mistakes in advertising that should be avoided at all costs.
Finally, the Advertising Diploma looks at the various abbreviations and UK legislation in regards to advertising and discusses the vast opportunities that online and print advertising can offer.
Marketing and advertising efforts do pay off and the result is the increased interest from potential clients as they are attracted by your brand and message. The next and perhaps the most important step is to help them reach the decision to actually buy your product or service by employing a variety of selling techniques.
It has been proven that there must be at least five different contacts with the client before they reach the decision to buy as selling is an art of engagement. The Sales Diploma gives away the secrets of a successful salesperson in that it shows you the stages of the sales process and teaches you how to overcome objections that stand in the way of the deal.
The Sales Diploma is a practical guide for anyone looking to gain the skills of negotiation and persuasion, the key skills for selling. It also looks at effective ways to write proposals, prospect clients and lead generation.
The Benefits of the combined Sales and Marketing Course
There are a number of major benefits associated with this special Sales & Marketing Course in that it does provide you with comprehensive knowledge to build your marketing funnel and use sales techniques to convert potential leads into paying customers. Secure the wellbeing of your business by learning all there is to know about sales, marketing and advertising and how you can become an expert in promoting and selling products and services.
However, further benefits include:
- Study online and at home
- Study at your own pace
- Have full support online as you complete the course
- Take advantage of the comprehensive modules that are easy to follow
- Receive an industry recognised certification at the end
- There are no entry requirements
In today’s competitive field of global businesses, you need to make sure that your brand voice is heard and remembered and your products sold. It is a matter of being active on all fronts and carrying out a variety of sales and marketing activities. Fortunately, with all the information this combined course provides, you can be sure that you will learn everything you need in order to beat your competition and stand out from the crowd.
- What Sales actually is
- Understanding buyer motivation
- Understanding seller motivation
- Understanding the basic psychology of the art of selling
- The essential sales skills that everybody needs
- How you can develop those skills by yourself
- Pitfalls that you need to avoid
- The difference it is going to make to your sales record
- The importance of sales talk.
- The role of jargon.
- The key terms everybody should be aware of.
- When to use it and when not to use it.
- The origin of professional sales
- Its evolution through the times
- Its current status
- Where it could be heading
- The role having these skills will play
- The key skills you cannot do without
- How to identify your weak spots
- How to improve your skills to improve your sales
- The importance of setting goals
- How to set fair goals that will still push you
- How to create your plan to achieve
- How to deal with issues that could prevent you achieving your goals
- The importance of the selling process
- The steps of the selling process
- Understanding where things can go wrong
- The result of understanding the process
- The importance of quality prospecting and lead generation
- Basic steps to find the best leads
- What to avoid doing when prospecting
- How to take action on those leads
- The reasons why you need to prepare to sell
- What happens if you do not do this
- How to prepare yourself
- Putting the steps into action
- The importance of a good sales proposal
- Key points to include in your proposal
- The general structure to follow
- What to avoid in a sales proposal
- Preparing for your sales pitch
- How to perfectly deliver your pitch
- The pitfalls that you need to avoid
- How to improve your sales pitch and what to look out for
- The importance of influence and motivating people to buy
- How to influence and motivate without people objecting
- The key mistakes you need to avoid making
- How to turn things around to your advantage
- The key points to focus on when negotiating
- The key points to avoid when negotiating
- The concept of the 3 P's
- To know when to stop negotiating
- How objections can come about in the first place
- How to handle those objections and turn things around
- How to overcome most barriers to a sale
- Pitfalls that you need to avoid
- The importance of closing at the right time
- How to close the deal
- How to handle things that are going wrong
- What to do after you close the deal
- What is generally included in the following up procedure?
- Why aftercare is so important and what to do
- How you can develop the perfect relationship
- Key points on how to potentially develop further business
- The rules and regulations of cold calling
- How to be effective with cold calling
- How to handle objections
- How to move it from a cold call to an actual sale
- How to use sales tools and technology to your advantage
- The key sales tools to have at your disposal
- The way to use technology to make life easier
- Mistakes to avoid regarding this form of help
- The basics of a sales team
- The important characteristics you need to have
- How to run a sales team to the best of its ability
- Dealing with issues with the sales team
- To learn the difference between advertising and marketing
- To understand the components of advertising
- To learn about the role as an advertiser
- To understand the advertising industry
- To learn what media planning is
- To understand what a professional media planner does
- To learn about the media planning process
- To learn about media scheduling
- To learn about different types of marketing strategies
- To understand how marketing strategies can benefit a business
- To learn which marketing strategies might work best for your business
- To learn the differences and similarities between marketing strategies
- To learn about the history of advertising
- To learn what advertising can do for a business
- To understand about the different methods of advertising
- To understand viral advertising
- To learn about customer research
- To understand how important customer research is to a business
- To learn how to gauge customer satisfaction
- To understand the types of market research
- To learn how to set an appropriate marketing and advertising budget
- To learn about keeping a budget for marketing and advertising
- To learn about traditional media channels
- To understand how to stick to a budget
- To understand what positioning means in a marketing sense
- To learn how to define your brand's message
- To understand how to create messages using positioning marketing
- To learn the ways to position your message
- To learn about the different elements of advertising
- To understand the key of a successful advertising campaign
- To learn which elements work in which circumstances
- To learn how to target an audience with an advertising campaign
- To learn how to create ads for different media
- To learn about different advert options
- To learn how to write an advert
- To understand the parts of a perfect advert
- To learn about the responsibilities of a media buyer
- To understand how media buyers identify a target audience
- To learn how to buy advertising space
- To understand how to decide which advertising space is best for your product
- To learn how to create a buzz with advertising
- To learn different methods to ‘go viral'
- To understand how viral marketing works
- To see the importance of the customer experience in viral marketing
- To learn about the significance of social media marketing
- To learn how social media marketing can improve an overall marketing plan
- To learn how to engage with customers via social media
- To learn about social marketing and how you can use it in your company
- To learn about the marketing pitfalls that marketers run into
- To learn how to avoid common mistakes
- To understand why some advertisements do not work
- To learn the importance of research in designing adverts
- To learn about different abbreviations in the marketing industry
- To understand how to use these abbreviations in the industry
- To learn how to find a unique selling point
- To understand how certain advertising tactics work
- To understand who regulates UK advertising law
- To learn about UK advertising codes
- To learn about advertising to children
- To understand gambling advertising
- To learn the intricate details of print and online advertising
- To understand how print media use adverts
- To understand how online media use adverts
- To learn how to use print advertising for a business
- To learn how to examine different advertising types
- To see how advertising works in the real world with companies you know
- To see examples of common advertising examples from the UK
- To learn how billboards can work for a business
- To learn about different career options in advertising and marketing
- To learn how to progress in marketing and advertising
- To learn some tips to make yourself attractive to marketing and advertising firms
- To understand how to make yourself stand out from the crowd
- Definition of the term ‘marketing'
- Why you need to consider using it as part of your approach to business.
- Focus - why you cannot allow yourself to get carried away with your ideas.
- The key reasons why marketing is so important.
- Where marketing can help your business.
- The impact of not using marketing to your advantage.
- Where to begin with marketing.
- What we mean by the fundamentals of marketing.
- The impact of not understanding these basic concepts.
- Understanding market strategy.
- The four step process that you need to follow to be a success.
- The difference between need and want in a customer.
- How to identify those needs.
- How to interpret that information for marketing purposes.
- The difference it makes to your business.
- What we mean by the marketing environment.
- Understanding your competitors.
- How to place yourself within your correct environment.
- Key mistakes to avoid making right from the outset.
- The key forms of marketing.
- The importance of understanding and using these different forms of marketing.
- How to select the best forms of marketing for your business.
- Where you can go wrong and how to avoid these pitfalls.
- What the Four P's actually are.
- How to implement them into your marketing strategy.
- The difference the Four P's will make to your business.
- Moving forward and keeping the Four P's in mind.
- What we mean by offline marketing.
- The importance of including it in any marketing strategy.
- The key offline marketing concepts to consider.
- Local or national offline marketing.
- What the term ‘online marketing' means
- Why you must include this form of marketing within your strategy.
- The different forms of online marketing.
- Whether to go local or international with your marketing.
- Exactly why you need a marketing plan.
- The basic structure of a marketing plan.
- How to include the key pieces of information into your plan.
- Putting the plan into action.
- Setting your budget.
- Preparing for unexpected extras.
- How to get the most out of your budget.
- Key mistakes people make that blow their budget.
- Why evaluating the success of your marketing plan is so important.
- Where to begin with the evaluation.
- The importance of being critical and honest.
- What to do if things are not going well.
- The most common mistakes that people make with regards to their marketing.
- How to stop the decline.
- Turning a mistake into a positive.
- The dangers of not correcting mistakes.
- Tools that will help give your marketing strategy a boost
- We will review the key points covered in the previous modules.
- The definition of digital marketing
- The benefits of using digital marketing
- The latest trends in digital marketing
- An overview of the types of digital marketing used today
- What a search engine is and how they work
- A general understanding of search engine optimisation
- The benefits and weaknesses of using search engine optimisation
- About search engine marketing and how it can be used
- Website basics, the differences between websites, pages and servers
- The different types of websites
- How websites can be used as a means of digital marketing
- About how to create a website, including content, structure and design
- An overview of digital display advertising
- The formats used in digital display advertising
- The pros and cons of its use
- How to implement successful campaigns
- The basics behind email and mobile marketing, including the types of each, as well as how they work
- About the legal considerations, with a focus on those applying to the UK
- The pros and cons of both marketing practices
- Some of the best strategies used to employ these types of initiatives
- The differences between social media, networking, and marketing
- How social media marketing works
- The differences between the two social media strategies: passive and active
- About the various platforms of social media and the demographics that engage with each
- The differences between traditional and online public relations
- The four elements of online public relations
- About the various tools used for employing these strategies
- The four phases of online public relations
- The definition of web analytics and how it differs from website stats
- The two categories of web analytics: off-site and on-site
- The types and processes of web analytics
- How web analytics can be used within an online marketing strategy
- The difference between a digital marketing strategy and a digital marketing campaign
- How to develop the marketing objectives
- The importance of looking at past data
- About identifying a target market: quantitative and qualitative approaches
- About the two regulating bodies in the UK
- The three current regulations concerning digital marketing in the UK
- How data protection is handled in a number of countries around the world
- The various regulations that handle unsolicited communications in countries such as Australia, Canada, the European Union, and the United States
What our students have to say…
Easy to follow
The course is in an easy to follow format, and IT friendly.
The summary sections are well structured and ensure you have picked up on the salient points
Marc Newman – Poole
Excellent career progression
This is one of the best online available courses of marketing and advertising! So interesting and enriching for an excellent career progression
Sim El – Hatfield
I would recommend to anyone aiming to join the industry
I have worked within sales and marketing environments for a number of years, but not formally trained in marketing.
I found this course really interesting, clarifying and expanding on my knowledge in a format that proved easy to read and digest.
The worksheets were very useful prompts to check retention and understanding of individual modules, prior to progressing. I would recommend to anyone aiming to join the industry as an excellent grounding in advertising and marketing.
Lynne Price-Walker – Gloucester
This course is really concise and well written.
This course is really concise and well written. I am exceptionally pleased with my purchase and I am hoping that I will soon progress towards a job in this industry.
You can complete this all online but you also have the option to save the modules in pdf or print the modules for your records which is great for revision.
Great price and lots of help.
Rochelle Hughes – Scunthorpe
I am confident it would help anyone take the plunge into the marketing world!!
I am over the moon with this course and just had to leave a positive review.
The content is very relevant and completely up to date, it gives a fantastic overview of Advertising which is simple and easy to read and digest. It has helped me understand aspects in my current job role more than I needed. I am confident it would help anyone take the plunge into the marketing world!! The little tests along the way are also really handy, and tests what you have understood.
I would highly recommend this course. I am really looking forward to completing the remainder of this course, and browse what other courses are available. Thank you!!
Danielle Woodall – Birmingham
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Combined Sales & Marketing Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The Combined Sales & Marketing Diploma Course consists of 4 courses:
Each course consists of between 10 and 19 individual modules.
Modules can take from 20 to 90 minutes to complete. You are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Do I have to study the courses in a certain order?No. You can study the courses in any order you choose. If you want to, you can do one module from a course and then move on to the next course.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Yes. Once you have completed all of the modules for each course there will be a multiple choice test.
The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for each test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process.
We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Combined Sales & Marketing Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 50 hours to complete in total.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention