- Course Code: UKMG18CPN
- Location: Online
- Duration: 25 hours
- Cost: ₹50,000.00
- Qualification: Combined Painting, Decorating and Interior Design Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
- What a painter and decorator does
- The qualifications and skills required to be a painter and decorator
- The most common tools and equipment necessary in painting and decorating
- The most common adhesives
- The types of risks you might face in the painting and decorating trade
- Information about working at heights
- Information about Personal Protective Equipment
- How to safely store and clean up paint
- How to identify different types of wall surfaces
- How to paint floors with different materials
- How to paint windows correctly
- How to identify different paints on the market
- How to prepare to paint
- How to prime a surface for painting
- How to correctly apply paint, including effects
- How to cut wallpaper
- What tools are required for tiling
- How to measure, plan, and mark out areas for tiling
- How to lay tiles and grout tiles
- What it takes to run your own painting and decorating business
- What is meant by the terms “interior design” and “interior designer”
- The tasks carried out by interior designers on a day to day basis
- The main steps involved in overseeing an interior design project
- Why interior design is a valuable discipline
- Why every interior design project begins with a set of preliminary diagrams and a floor plan
- The essential questions a designer needs to ask a client when beginning the design process
- The basic principles of design that should be followed when planning a space
- The steps taken in putting together diagrams and then a floor plan
- Why each room in a house or commercial setting warrants special consideration
- What to consider when designing a kitchen
- What to consider when designing a living room
- What to consider when designing a bedroom
- Why you need to understand the role played by colour in interior design
- Colour psychology and its application in interior design
- Using neutral tones and colour schemes
- How to use the colour wheel when decorating an interior
- Why surfaces and textures are key components of interior design
- Common surface materials used in interior design and how a designer can realise their full potential
- The most common varieties of paint and wallpaper used in interior design
- Common finishes and textures used on walls, doors and ceilings
- Why designers need to consider light sources within a space
- The three main types of lighting used in residential and commercial spaces
- Key issues that must be confronted when working with natural and artificial light
- How to choose appropriate light fixtures, including bulbs
- Why you should aim to develop an understanding of the history of furniture
- The most popular interior design styles in use today
- How to select the right piece of furniture for a space
- How to source furniture in an efficient, cost-effective manner
- Why textiles and accessories are important in interior design
- The most common natural and synthetic fibres in use today
- The advantages and disadvantages of working with leather
- How fibres are converted into textiles and how each is typically used in interior design
- Why you need to understand and implement sustainable and ethical design practices
- How to devise environmentally-friendly designs at the earliest stages of a project
- How to minimise the effects of painting and decorating on the environment
- How to source materials, furniture and accessories in an ethical manner that promotes corporate responsibility
- Practical considerations to bear in mind when setting up your business, including the appropriate selection of an office space and the tools you will need to get started
- How to register as self-employed
- Your legal obligations and the procedures you need to follow, including income tax and health and safety legislation
- The rules you need to follow when hiring other people
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Combined Painting, Decorating and Interior Design Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The Combined Painting, Decorating and Interior Design Diploma Course consists of 2 courses:
Each course consists of between 5 and 10 individual modules.
Modules can take from 20 to 90 minutes to complete. You are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Do I have to study the courses in a certain order?No. You can study the courses in any order you choose. If you want to, you can do one module from a course and then move on to the next course.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Yes. Once you have completed all of the modules for each course there will be a multiple choice test.
The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for each test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process.
We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Combined Painting, Decorating and Interior Design Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 25 hours to complete in total.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention