- Course Code: UKMGC17CBA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 22 hours
- Cost: ₹50,000.00
- Qualification: Combined Business and Accounting Basics Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Basic Accounting Certificate
The Accounting Course offers students the necessary information required to manage your business better or begin a career in the financial industry in the United Kingdom.
This online training course provides students with instruction that will put you on the path to beginning a career as a successful accountant.
Accounting plays a critical role in maintaining and processing the important financial information that helps to operate a profitable business. This is a wide subject that focuses not only on accounting records, but on bookkeeping, taxes and on all aspects of finance. In order to prepare you in this regard, this course offers you a comprehensive overview of what you can expect from your career in accounting and finance.
As this is an online training course students have the ability to study curriculum whenever and wherever it is convenient for them. Many enrolled students are still able to work full time and maintain an active lifestyle.
Our study material is easily accessed across any device with an internet connection with online support available while you train. After successful completion of this course and a multiple choice exam, you will be awarded your certificate. For a small cost, we can post the certificate for you, or you can download and print it from home.
What you will learn
- An introduction into the importance of accounting
- A look at four ways to structure your business
- How to deal with relevant government bodies, registering and filing
- The benefits of a business bank account
- How to set up a business bank account
- Evaluating funding sources for your business
- Dealing with money from customers
- How to keep track of business costs and tax relief
- The essentials of recordkeeping and bookkeeping
- How to deal with taxes
- Employing staff
- Taking money out of your business
- How to read the profits, cash and ratios in your accounts
- Using forecasting methods to plan for the future
- How to know if you need an accountant
- Ethical practices of an accountant
Business Basics Diploma
Have you always dreamed of starting your own business? Do you need the skills and knowledge to start your own business and achieve success? Have you finished school and are thinking of entering the business world and want to boost your career from the start? Then this Business Course from New Skills Academy may be what you are looking for.
The business diploma course is made up of sixteen modules. These modules are brimming with valuable information that you can use straight away in your working day. Overall the sixteen modules take around ten hours to complete, each module taking you between fifteen to thirty minutes.
Learn about branding, setting goals and financial, learn everything you need to know to start or grow your own business. You will gain a lifetime access to the course modules, so you can refer back to them at any time.
Enjoy the convenience of online learning, where you can study at your own pace using any device from anywhere, as long as you have internet access.
What you will learn
- Starting your own business, where to begin, generating ideas and personal qualifies you are going to need.
- Understanding the importance of a business plan and how to start your own.
- Researching into your business market and how to identify your target audience.
- What is branding, how to use branding and how it will effect your business moving forward.
- How to set goals and tackle issues.
- Understanding financing and options available. Identify how much money you will need to start up your business along with what you need to give in return.
- Understanding cash flow, accounts and bookkeeping. Learn how to budget, how to keep track of invoices and payments.
- Get a firm understanding of marketing and social media and how you can use these to boost your business moving forward. Learn how to market your business on a tight budget and what considerations to factor into your marketing decisions.
- How to source and manage staff. What you need to do to keep them motivated. Also learn the importance of training.
- Learn the legal issues which could affect your business moving forward.
- Get the low-down on tax and what taxes you will be accountable for. Also get some tips and advice to make tax an easy and stress free process within your company.
- Identify with your insurance needs. Get a good understanding of business insurance and what costs you may incur if you don't have the right insurance in place at all times.
- Learn how technology can help you grow your business. Identify what technology you need, how not to overpay for essential technology and things you should be aware of at all times.
- Identify what business ethics is and how it relates to your business. You will also learn how to operate effectively and how business ethics identifies how you are perceived.
- Know why you need a website, what to include and how to market it effectively.
- Know when it's time to grow your business, know the pitfalls and how to deal with the future.
- Where to begin when starting your business
- How to generate potential ideas
- The personal qualities that you need to run a successful business
- The reasons for a business plan
- The importance of the business plan
- What is generally included in a plan
- How to start your very own plan
- How to start your research into your potential business
- Sources you can use in order to conduct that research
- How to identify your target market
- What we mean by branding
- How branding applies to your business
- How to go about branding your company
- Examples of branding and how effective it is
- What we mean by goals
- How to set attainable goals
- How it fits in with your business plan
- How to tackle issues related to goal setting
- The role of financing
- The different options available when it comes to financing
- How to know how much money you need
- What do you give in return for the financing?
- The basics of accounting and bookkeeping
- What we mean by cash flow
- How to budget for things in your business
- How to deal with invoices and payments
- Why marketing even on a small budget is a good idea
- How to market on that small budget
- Key strategies to take into consideration
- How to take advantage of social media
- How to find the perfect staff
- How to manage staff correctly
- The importance of training them correctly
- How to keep them motivated
- The key legal issues for everybody
- The importance of doing things in the correct manner
- How to deal with issues related to these legalities
- How to get the best advice on dealing with tax
- The main kinds of tax you will have to deal with
- What happens if you do not deal with it correctly?
- How to make life easier for yourself with tax
- The main types of business insurance
- Why you need it
- How to know what applies to you
- The cost of not having the correct insurance
- How technology can improve your business
- How to know you have the correct technology for your business
- How to avoid overpaying
- The importance of keeping on top of technology
- The meaning of business ethics
- How it applies to your business
- The difference it makes to how you operate and are perceived
- The importance of having a website
- What to include on your website
- How to get the website that your business needs
- How to market your website
- How to know when you are ready to grow your business
- How to do it in a controlled manner
- The potential pitfalls of growing your business
- Dealing with the future
- What is accounting and how does it help to operate a business profitably?
- Various subfields of accounting
- Characteristics of accounting information
- Functions, advantages and objectives of accounting
- Four possible ways in which a business can be structured.
- Information about Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Liability and Unincorporated Association.
- How every structure is affected by different tax payment procedures.
- Advantages and disadvantages of a different business structure.
- What is HMRC? Its responsibilities
- How to register with HMRC
- Setting up a sole trader business
- Setting up a partnership business
- What are the benefits of a business bank account?
- What is a business current account?
- How is it beneficial to have a business current account?
- Who can apply for a business current account?
- Family and friends
- Bank loans
- Business angel
- Full information about VAT
- Who needs to register for VAT
- What should be included on an invoice
- The importance of keeping cost records
- Separating costs
- Two important tools to use to track costs
- Which costs you can use to pay less tax
- What records HMRC say you must keep
- How and for how long to keep your business’ paperwork
- How often you need to prepare accounts
- What management accounts are
- What is VAT and who has to register for it?
- Why register for VAT, if it is not necessary to do so? When should you avoid registering for VAT?
- How to register for VAT
- What is the difference between invoice and cash accounting, how to work out how much VAT to pay and what is the VAT flat rate scheme?
- Registering as an employer with HMRC
- How to run a payroll
- In-house payroll
- What is PAYE?
- Directors loans
- Introduction to the Profit and Loss Account
- The Difference Between Net Profit and Other Forms of Profit
- Additional Benefits of Profit and Loss accounts
- Information Not Included in a Profit and Loss Account?
- Introduction to the balance sheet
- What are accounting ratios?
- Introduction to financial ratios
- How to calculate liquidity ratios, profitability ratios and efficiency ratios
- What information can these ratios provide for your business?
- An introduction to forecasting
- Types of forecasting problems
- Different forecasting methods
- Forecasting for small businesses
- Facts about accountancy numbers in the UK
- Which businesses should have an accountant
- At what point in your company's life does it need an accountant?
- How a good accountant can help your business
- Accounting facts
- A day in the life of an accountant
- Benefits of a career in accounting
- The place of ethics in accounting
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Combined Business and Accounting Basics Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The Combined Business and Accounting Basics Diploma Course consists of 2 courses:
Each course consists of between 16 and 17 individual modules.
Modules can take from 20 to 90 minutes to complete. You are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Do I have to study the courses in a certain order?No. You can study the courses in any order you choose. If you want to, you can do one module from a course and then move on to the next course.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Yes. Once you have completed all of the modules for each course there will be a multiple choice test.
The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for each test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process.
We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Combined Business and Accounting Basics Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 22 hours to complete in total.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention