- Course Code: UKFEC16CCD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: ₹20,000.00
- Qualification: Canine Communication Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Canine Communication Diploma
This Canine Communication Diploma Course will give you the information necessary to not only communicate with your own dog, but also with dogs you don’t know or dogs you work with. It is full of information that one must have to successfully train and understand dogs, and to enhance the relationship you have with canines.
From a study on canine evolution and intelligence to how to teach basic commands and understand canine emotions, this course teaches all you require to become a successful canine communicator. You will receive a full introduction on what canine communication truly is, as well as how dogs communicate with us and how we can more effectively communicate with dogs.
Introduction to the Canine Communication Diploma Course
The Canine Communication Diploma Course is an online course that gives all students the ability to learn the curriculum when it is convenient to them. Most students who take this course can easily continue to work a full time job, and still finish the course rather quickly.
Since this course is online, it is accessible from any internet-enabled device, and you will have access to online support during your training. This brings peace of mind as you work through the course.
Before completing the course, you will have to take and pass a comprehensive test. When you have passed the test, you will receive a certificate that you can download and print. We can also send the diploma through the post for an additional fee.
What You Will Learn
The Canine Communication Course has been designed to prepare and teach students to communicate with all types of dogs, and it will certainly put you on track to succeed, no matter what goal you have your mind set on. The course covers the following:
- Information about canine evolution and intelligence
- The importance of socialisation
- How dogs communicate with each other
- The similarities and differences between dog breeds
- Canine calming signals
- Common canine behaviour issues and how to fix them
- How dogs communicate with humans
- How humans can communicate with dogs
- The role of a dog owner
- How to teach a dog basic commands
- Canine emotions and signs of suffering
- Working with dogs
Benefits of the Canine Communication Diploma Course
When studying the Canine Communication Course, you will experience a number of benefits.
- The ability to study from anywhere at any time, either at home or even at work.
- You can study when it’s convenient for you, and since there is no time limit, you can finish the course in a matter of days, weeks, or months.
- You can use any device with internet access to work on the course. This includes tablets, computers, or mobiles.
- The modules are short and easy to read, which makes studying an enjoyable experience.
- You will experience the convenience of our online support system, which helps students to stay on track whilst studying.
- Leaning from a syllabus that will help to guarantee success.
- Improving your prospects when applying for jobs where you will work with dogs.
- Getting a better understanding of what the actions of dogs mean.
- Earning a recognised, respected, and certified diploma.
- How to define canine communication
- How dogs communicate verbally
- How dogs communicate with body language
- The evolution of dogs
- Why socialisation is so important to a canine
- When it is best to socialise a dog
- How dogs socialise with each other
- The concept of canine vocalisation
- Why different breeds have different body languages
- An overview of how a dog's breed can determine how they communicate
- Specific dog breed behaviours
- How dogs communicate from breed to breed
- What aggression is and how it is controlled
- How to control barking
- How to stop disruptive chewing
- How to stop mouthing and biting
- How dogs communicate with their human companions
- How to read the way a dog vocalises
- How to understand a dog's body language
- What it means when a dog touches you in a certain way
- How to better communicate with dogs
- How to talk to a dog effectively
- Effective ways to use verbal communication with a dog
- Effective ways to use hand signals with dogs
- How to choose the right dog for your family
- How to prepare before bringing a dog home
- Your responsibility when it comes to the general care of the dog
- How to keep your dog safe
- How dogs interpret our speech
- How to teach commands to dogs
- The most common commands to teach a dog
- Common training mistakes
- An overview of dogs and emotions
- The history of the research on dogs' emotions
- How to understand the emotions that dogs feel
- The science behind certain canine emotions
- About career paths in the UK, where one can work with dogs
- The approximate hours one puts into these jobs, each week
- The average salary one can expect, as of 2016, in these professions
- The training that one must take, to work in these careers
Suitable for all levels and had just the right touch.
An excellent course with up to date thinking based on good research about canine behaviours. I particularly liked the style of teaching. Suitable for all levels and had just the right touch.
I found it stimulating, encouraging and above all, not patronising. It will be very helpful to me on my road as an animal Reiki therapist working with a wide variety of breeds in a rescue centre. I am now much more aware of calming signals and subtle signals that the dog is ready to accept contact.
I would recommend it to anyone wanting to enhance their understanding and communication with dogs.
Lucy Lofting – London
It’s an act of professionalism and evolution.
This is definitely the easiest way to study a course. I was surprised to see how easy and how everything is made to be suitable to learn in the comfort of your house or on the way. It is easy, not demanding, flexible and not as hard as regular college courses.
The fact that you are also obtaining a diploma is magnificent. This will be something that I will recommend and I will also buy more courses in the future.
More companies should do that. It’s an act of professionalism and evolution. We need more people like you to do that! Awesome job and thumbs up.
Hanna Muzieni – Tunbridge Wells
Am enjoying it so much
I am half way through studying this course and am enjoying it so much. The course content is so easy to read and follow, and the modules are well structured with assignments at the end of each module to test your knowledge.
Studying online enables you to learn at your own pace without the pressure of having to commit to classroom attendance. Support is available via email however the course notes have been so well structured that I haven’t had to use this yet.
I would recommend this course to anyone interested in learning more about dogs and their communication.
Charlene Peart – Bridgend
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Canine Communication Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Canine Communication Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention