- Course Code: UKFEC16ADD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: ₹25,000.00
- Qualification: Admin & PA Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Business Administration Diploma
Whether you are just entering the workforce or you have been working as an administrative assistant and want to push your career to the next level, our Business Administration Diploma can provide you with the insight, skills and knowledge you need to succeed in this busy career.
Become a top class administrative assistant or personal assistant by taking this online course, made up of twenty one modules and only taking fifteen hours to complete.
Introduction to the Business Administration Course
This information packed course is designed for anyone who wants to push their career forward and improve their productivity as an administrative assistant or PA. The course covers an extensive range of topics spanning over twenty one levels.
During this top quality course, you will learn the importance of diary management, you will learn effective time management skills and why customer care is such as important aspect of your job description.
In addition to this, you can learn the basics of petty cash handling, how to use the software you need to complete your tasks effectively and so much more.
The good news is that there are no entry requirements to complete this course. You don't need any particular educational or work experience, just a desire to learn, improve your knowledge and skills and succeed in your chosen career moving forward.
Once you choose the Admin & PA Diploma and your payment is received, you will be able to start learning straight away. Everyone studies at different paces, which is why this course is such a good opportunity, enabling you to work full time and study in your private time. On completion you will need to complete a multiple choice test and on passing, you have the ability to download and print your certificate which is recognised by industry leaders.
What You Will Learn
The Business Administration Diploma comprises of twenty one information packed modules for you to learn and gain knowledge from. In total the modules should take around fifteen hours to complete, bearing in mind that everyone studies at different paces and some people will have more time to study than others.
The essential modules in this course include:
- Introduction to the PA Course – This module teaches you about the role and the responsibilities that will be expected from you as an administrative assistant or personal assistant.
- Diary management – In the diary management module you will learn how to effectively schedule appointments while managing dates and times. You will learn how to become creative in designing a user-friendly system.
- Business Letter Writing – This module of the Admin & PA Diploma will provide you with the tools you need to write a good business letter. You will learn how to structure the letter, along with the importance of editing.
- Composing Faxes, Memorandums and Emails – This module will teach you how to compose and send faxes, how to write memorandums and how to compose and send emails.
- Telephone Skills as a PA – You will learn how to make phone calls and speak in a professional tone in this module. You will also be given tips on how to communicate over the phone, along with mistakes that you need to avoid.
- Hotel and Travel Arrangements – During this module you will learn to identify what to look for when booking a hotel for business travel, along with things you should avoid.
- Filing Systems – You will learn how to set up a good filing system, how to categorise, sub-categorise and manage your filing system effectively.
- Time Management Skills – This module is essential to your productivity as a PA and will teach you how to manage your time effectively and what you need to avoid when trying to complete tasks.
- Invoicing/Petty Cash – The invoicing/petty cash module will teach you how to create and send invoices and how to handle petty cash effectively.
- Customer Care – As a PA, it is essential that you understand how important customer care is to a business. You will be dealing with customers daily and you need to know what you should be avoiding and how to represent your company in a professional manner at all times.
- Customer Complaints Management – Dealing with customer complaints can be a daunting task, but this module will teach you how to handle customer complaints effectively.
- Work Planning – How to work to a schedule to achieve the best results.
- Document Presentation and Proofreading – How to present documents in a professional manner.
- Confidence Building – How to build your confidence in the working environment.
- Typing and audio skills – Improving your typing skills.
- Organise Effective Meetings – Understanding the importance of meetings and what they achieve.
- Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word – Learn the basic computer software you need to know to perform at your best on a daily basis.
- Customer communication and Reception skills – Learn the importance of effective communication and reception skills.
Benefits of the Business Administration Diploma
The Admin & PA Diploma will provide you with a host of skills and knowledge you will be able to use on a daily basis. There are a number of benefits to completing the Admin & PA Diploma:
- There are no entry requirements; you don't need any particular educational or work experience level to apply for this learning diploma.
- You can fast track your career by having the certification, knowledge and skills you need to progress in your career.
- You will learn how to be an effective administrative assistant or PA.
- You will learn how to boost your productivity with time management solutions.
- You get to study at your own pace.
- You can access the learning modules from anywhere at any time.
- Print your certificate which is recognised by industry leaders.
- The role of a personal assistant/secretary
- The difference between a personal assistant and secretary
- Associated job role and responsibilities
- Requisite skills required for the job
- Manage dates, times and schedule appointments
- How to be creative and develop a user-friendly diary system
- Use our tips and implement them into the role of a PA
- How to plan ahead successfully
- How to write a good business letter
- How a business letter should be structured and edited
- Common mistakes to avoid
- How to be persuasive while maintaining courtesy
- How to compose and send faxes
- How to write memorandums
- How to create and send emails
- Things to avoid when doing the above
- How to make phone calls and speak in a professional tone
- Tips on how you should communicate with people over the phone
- Mistakes that should be avoided while communicating on the telephone
- How to conduct business and represent your company over the phone
- What you should look for when booking a hotel for business travel
- Things you should avoid when making travel arrangements
- How to plan and execute a successful business trip
- The role of a PA in booking hotels and making other travel arrangements for business travel
- How to set up a good filing system
- What you should avoid when creating a filing system
- How to categorise, sub-categorise and manage your filing system
- Why it is important to have a good system when running a successful business
- How to manage your time at work efficiently
- What to avoid when trying to get tasks done
- How to improve on your weak points
- How to identify the importance of tasks
- How to make invoices and send them
- What you should avoid when making invoices
- How to handle petty cash
- Why invoicing and petty cash handling are crucial to a business
- The importance of customer care
- Your role as a PA when dealing with customers
- Things you should avoid when dealing with customer care
- How to represent your company in a professional manner
- How to handle customer complaints
- Understand and execute a proper complaints procedure
- What should be avoided when dealing with complaints
- The importance of a good complaints procedure
- How to plan your work into a schedule
- The importance of proper work planning
- Things you should avoid when planning your work
- How to structure your plans for improved efficiency
- How to present written documents
- The basics of what to include when preparing and sending documents
- How to proofread your work
- The importance of document presentation and proofreading
- How to improve your confidence at work
- How you can benefit from improved confidence
- What to expect when your confidence improves
- Signs of lack of self-confidence
Module 15: Typing and audio skills to proficient level or further if you already touch type/Audio transcribe
- Improve your typing skills beyond a beginner level
- Tips on how to improve your touch typing
- How to effectively transcribe audio
- Mistakes and errors to avoid
- Why meetings are important and what they achieve
- How you should plan and organise a meeting
- Things to avoid
- The aspects of a successful meeting and how to execute them
- What Microsoft Outlook is
- What Microsoft Outlook can do
- How it can help you in the workplace
- Simple tricks on how to get the most out of Microsoft Office
- How to understand the basics of Excel
- How to easily navigate Excel
- Why Excel is a useful tool for making spreadsheets
- Simple ideas for troubleshooting
- Understand the basics of PowerPoint
- How to navigate PowerPoint
- How you can benefit from using PowerPoint
- Troubleshooting guide for basic PowerPoint
- How to successfully use Microsoft Word
- How to navigate around Microsoft Word
- Tips and tricks for easy use or shortcuts
- Troubleshoot simple problems on Word
- The importance of customer communication skills
- The most important reception skills
- How to handle tasks at work efficiently
- What to avoid and how to overcome problems with customer communication
What our students have to say…
It has given me the confidence to apply for my first admin job in some years
A great course to introduce and explain the roles and responsibilities of the PA and Administrator, or as a refresher to those wishing to return to the workplace.
The modules are jargon free and clearly laid out with exercises to complete at your own pace. There are useful notes and lists that help to make time management easier in the busy work environment.
I am impressed that the modules can be downloaded, saved or printed for future reference – many other courses do not offer this.
I have almost completed my Admin & PA Diploma and it has given me the confidence to apply for my first admin job in some years.
Meryl McMorran – Isle of White
A good overview with useful hints
This is a good overview with useful hints and tips covering a broad range of administrative activities and the tools to assist in effectively carrying out these activities. Even as a seasoned administrator, I was able to learn new tips and functions within the tools that I was unaware of to make my role more effective.
Marinda Benskin – London
I will definitely be recommending this course
So far I am really enjoying the course. the details were sent through to me within 4 hours, even though there was up to a 48 hour wait.
This course is very well structured and has many helpful features, such as the recap option for each module, and the summary section at the end of each module.
I will definitely be recommending this course.
Melissa Newlin – Henlow
Something for everyone
Having just completed the Admin & PA diploma I feel far more equipped to start a new career. From covering the basics, to recapping on things forgotten to introducing new concepts this course has something for everyone.
Shelley Tomkins – London
I started this course a few weeks ago and I find it very informative and useful. There was so much about being a PA that I didn’t know.
Eva Vandyl – London
This course has changed my life
This course has changed my life. It has opened a lot of door and when I apply for jobs it adds distinction to my CV.
It is easy to take time out after work or on a Sunday and it never gets boring. Your mind is filled with new skills and more information that you would love too use in the real world.
I cannot fault this course. I am now applying for University and completing this course will show how dedicated I am to learning.
Faith Bologun – Ilford
I’m so happy I chose this course
Whilst on maternity leave I started thinking about in what capacity I’d go back to work, and if there was something different I could do. I came across reed courses and chose this course in PA and Admin and another in HR.
I was so happy they were on offer! I chose them because the course modules were comprehensive.
I can sit and do modules with my newborn son on my lap via my iPhone. It’s so handy, the modules are clear and concise.
I’m so happy I chose this course. I can’t wait to add it to my CV and see what jobs I can get.
Holly Horton – Essex
I found it so easy to understand
I passed my admin course. It was very clear, so I found it so easy to understand and take in all the information. Thank you
Janet Nantomah – London
A very useful course with the topics very well presented and easy to read and follow
I’ve just completed the Level 3 Admin & PA Diploma!
I found the course informative and user friendly to navigate. I had the chance to refresh the skills I already possessed and it introduced me to new ideas and information. It was a good opportunity for me to update my skill set.
A very useful course with the topics very well presented and easy to read and follow. I was able to easily slot the course into my schedule and enjoyed setting time aside to work my way through. I would definitely recommend this course to those wishing to learn something new and for those wishing to sharpen up on previous knowledge.
Jenny McConnell – Uk
I am so glad I chose this course
I was desperate to get out of my current job but didn’t quite have the right skills to move on to another job. I am so glad I chose this course as it has allowed me to gain much needed skills and opened many doors in my career development.
Saffron Gee – Grantham
Very glad I did this course as I have learnt a lot of new things that I didn’t even know you could do online.
The course was really easy to access, very clear and easy to read.
Packed with information about so many different topics and situations you may be in as a PA. Helped lots of Microsoft too which I didn’t know about. Very glad I did this course as I have learnt a lot of new things that I didn’t even know you could do online.
I will be looking in to starting new courses with New Skills Academy as it really was so well presented, great support if you needed it and can access it anywhere and continue at any time, thank you.
Jessie Dillon – London
I enjoyed the course and feel I have bettered myself and my job role as a PA.
As a PA of a very fast moving company, having many situations thrown at me day to day, I decided to take the Level 3 Admin & PA Diploma course to ensure I was up to scratch within my job role. Although I knew a lot of what was within the course, there were many topics I hadn’t had to use before but since had to.
I found the course very easy to understand and relate to. It was interesting and factual which is brilliant for anyone that would like to improve their PA skills or for someone starting out as a PA.
I enjoyed the course and feel I have bettered myself and my job role as a PA.
Linzy Small – Oxford
I can only say that I enjoyed doing this course and highly recommend it to everybody.
I can only say that I enjoyed doing this course and highly recommend it to everybody. It’s very easy to use the website and you can access all the information you need to learn. I’m feeling confident with my career change choice.
I found this way of learning perfect for me, as I could study at my own pace in the comfort of my home plus a great teaching layout for each module. Clear and easy to follow studying method of the 21 modules. This course is very well written and understandable. There is a lot of important information, all the chapters are well proportioned and enjoyable to read and understand and doesn’t take too much time.
I really enjoyed learning about new things of every each modules which give me chance to summarise all the important parts in each module. I can recommend this course to anyone who would be interested in admin and PA.
Elena Cramp – Chicester
I am already eyeing up more courses on the site and will be sure to give them a try soon.
I was already quite proficient in many areas that this course covers as I have worked similar jobs before but felt I could benefit from a qualification. This is a very in depth course that covers all areas of being a personal assistant, even ones that I wouldn’t have ever considered needing to learn.
The in-depth learning has built my confidence to put myself out there and try to get back into this career path. I particularly found the section on faxing to be very useful as it’s something that is done in most offices that I’ve found it difficult to come to grips with in the past.
I am already eyeing up more courses on the site and will be sure to give them a try soon.
Maria Casey – Wigan
Really helpful course, it covers all the main aspects to become a successful PA.
Really helpful course, it covers all the main aspects to become a successful PA. I was looking for an admin course where I can improve a new side of my professional career and this course had everything I needed. It gives you everything from basic computer knowledge to tips for the day to day basics like answering the phone or how to create a memo or book your boss’ travel arrangements. It offers a clear structure with all the main subjects divide in short modules, easy to study that way, and it gives you examples in real life as well as practice exercises that help you to understand everything. With support during all the course and access during a whole year, you cannot ask for more value for money! Totally recommended!
Alicia Prenda – Edinburgh
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Business Administration Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 21 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 21 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 21 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Business Administration Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy we work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention